Not crap at all today. WhatÔÇÖs going on with OUFC these days?

Anything yellow and blue
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:I can't help wondering whether we've been really tested recently though? Our last six games were all ones that we would have hoped to win (including the two we didn't win), whereas our next six are (on paper at least, with the possible exception of Plymouth at home) rather tougher propositions. Indeed we've got quite a difficult run from now right up until the New Year. If we're still in the play-off positions (or better) on 3rd January we'll have done very well indeed...
Fully agree with that. I may be on my own here, but I thought Roverzz were a pretty diabolical team. We still had to beat them, of course, but they were very frail defensively.

Having said that, if you're going to have a tough run like the one we have coming up, then it's best to hit it in form. A good win and clean sheet at home, and an excellent away run, mean we can go into those games feeling optimistic.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I agree actually I didn't think we were that great in the first half and were somewhat fortunate to be in the lead - BR had the lions share of possession I thought and in better areas than us. Didn’t create much though mainly due to excellent defending – we really do look solid at the moment.

Second goal killed them off though and it was a great move. Excellent goals from Beano as well – he had a lot to do still on both occasions but finding the bottom corner when you get half a chance is the mark of a good striker.

What I liked most of all about Sat that it was a proper game again with proper away support. That’s how it used to be week in week out, a following of over 50 creating a good atmosphere and making you feel you were watching something that mattered, rather than losing against a village team.

Annoyed with Potter again though – why does he not try and beat his man more often. Classic example when we were 3 up. He gets the ball out wide is 1 on 1 with the blonder centre back who had already been booked and instead of going at him he passes the ball back to Jake Wright – so frustrating!!

We now have a excellent settled back 5, a very effective and settled middle 3 and Beano Robert Hall || one another which can give us different options.

I don’t think there is one stand out team this season, if we can figure out how to play against those teams which park the bus there is no reason why we can’t finish in the top 3 – credit to Wilder for improving the team so much form last season.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote:Having said that, if you're going to have a tough run like the one we have coming up, then it's best to hit it in form.
Macclesfield and Gillingham look beatable to me, and Plymouth are obviously garbage.

My worry is that we'll go back to the &quotscore first half, concede second half&quot pattern against the two mid-tablers but since they're away matches, a point will be a pretty decent result from both.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Macclesfield and Gillingham look beatable to me, and Plymouth are obviously garbage.
Macc and Gillingham away are harder fixtures than Hereford, Dagenham and Barnet, I reckon. As you say, a point at each would be a good result.

Plymouth may be garbage, but that's the kind of game we ALWAYS lose, no matter how well we're playing! Moreover, there's a good chance that James Brent's takeover of Plymouth will be completed by the time we play them, so they may well have renewed enthusiasm for life generally.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Annoyed with Potter again though – why does he not try and beat his man more often. Classic example when we were 3 up. He gets the ball out wide is 1 on 1 with the blonder centre back who had already been booked and instead of going at him he passes the ball back to Jake Wright – so frustrating!!
Sorry to be pedantic but it was the dark haired Anthony that was booked not the blonde Bolger.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Bolger was booked for the fantastic tackle on the roaming Dubbery
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

And although the booking on Bolger was booked unfairly he restled Potter to the ground off the ball before the free kick was taken in clear view of the lino and wasn't given a second yellow!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotSteppers&quot wrote:Bolger was booked for the fantastic tackle on the roaming Dubbery
Agree - shockingly bad decision from the referee Mr Liddington.

The booking for Leven looked harsh too - it was two fella's going for a 50/50!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotpottersrightboot&quot wrote:
I watch most games from the SSU these days (unless we are playing away)

What, even the Swansea games? :wink:
Nice poke in the eye there, Mr. R., but I've seen as many Oxford games as Swansea so far this season (seven each).
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

Agreed there are plenty of positives to take from Saturday. It made a nice, refreshing change not to be clinging on at the end and to actually feel comfortable.

http&#58//theboysfromupthehill&#46blogs ... es&#46html
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSteppers&quot wrote:Bolger was booked for the fantastic tackle on the roaming Dubbery
Apologies, I can't wait for my new glasses, and a better memory.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

If I may be allowed to borrow Ancient's hat for a mo ...

So far we've played only two of the current top 10 (Shrewsbury 4th, Burton 8th) but eight of the bottom nine.

Not sure what that means ...
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:If I may be allowed to borrow Ancient's hat for a mo ...

So far we've played only two of the current top 10 (Shrewsbury 4th, Burton 8th) but eight of the bottom nine.

Not sure what that means ...
So let's cling to the theory that we play better against the better sides.