We don't get penalties!!!

Anything yellow and blue
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotsilkyman&quot wrote:We were 'done' by the officials today. Pure and simple. Well done on your point, but you got it through refereeing incompetence.

I'm snarling because I'm pissed off we had two points stolen off us.
No - your persistent time wasting meant 5 extra minutes were added and you were punished.

Just before Oxford equalised you won a free kick deep in the corner. You wasted 30 seconds as one of your players beckoned a team mate over for a short one and then amazingly and cynically back-heeled the ball out of play when the ref was not looking!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotsilkyman&quot wrote:#Sappleton barely played a game last season becaus ehe was injured. Anyone he scored against must have been shit... Oh...

As for penalties. Case in fucking point today.

Did you bring the ref with you? Interesting tactic of elbowing the left back in the face to create space for your goal though.
In Wenger style didn't see it. Will watch again on telly tonight before giving an opinion.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotsilkyman&quot wrote:#Sappleton barely played a game last season becaus ehe was injured. Anyone he scored against must have been shit... Oh...

Did you bring the ref with you? Interesting tactic of elbowing the left back in the face to create space for your goal though.
In Wenger style didn't see it. Will watch again on telly tonight before giving an opinion.
This &quothead&quot injury occurred on the halfway line. Despite the broken nose, broken forehead and jaw the player managed to argue with the ref straight after.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotsilkyman&quot wrote:We were 'done' by the officials today. Pure and simple. Well done on your point, but you got it through refereeing incompetence.

Complete rubbish. As others have said, it was your own fault for time-wasting and making the lengthiest of substitutions. Oh, and play to the whistle perhaps?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

And - the Macc goal should not have been allowed.
Having watched the Football League Show last night I spotted a couple of things Silkyman might like to condsider.
From the throw in Batt appeared to have been pushed. Picture not that great so I'll accept that he could have slipped.
When the ball was then played back into the box McLaren was in the process of heading it away when he was clearly pushed in the small of the back by a Macc player. Sneaky, cheating which lead to the goal.
Makes the &quotwe were done by the official&quot even more ludicrous.

Unlike our opponents we didn't complain or whinge, we just got on with it and the more I think about it got our just rewards.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

HA HA.

MASSIVE deflection.

HA HA.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:HA HA.

MASSIVE deflection.

HA HA.
Makes it even better in a way I suppose.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Macclesfield Town manager Gary Simpson told BBC Radio Manchester:

&quotWe should have had two penalties, absolutely blatant. Pulled his shirt off for one and the other one he's absolutely felled him in the box.

&quotI don't know what they're looking at. I think if they watch the DVD they will be embarrassed.

I bet I'm not!
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

First chance to post after a very enjoyable afternoon at the Moss Rose.

Gorgeous sunshine, great atmosphere, some good laughs before and during the game (their poor goalie...) and a late late equaliser. Great fun.

A shame we're so bloody frustrating though! We seem to have developed from last season's mentality when we could only play good football for 20 minutes - these days we seem capable of more like 40 - but my god can we be bad for the rest of a game. The confidence is so fragile. We looked very convincing in the first half - I was sure we'd win comfortably if we were patient, didn't panic and waited for the chances. Instead, we ship a soft one and then fall apart! The period after the goal was a shambles - we couldn't string two passes together.

The worry, for me, is the fullbacks. Clarke is a great keeper, and Doobs &amp Wright are a decent combo at centre back. But we can't seem to stop teams getting in crosses from out wide, and we have to address it.

I thought Macc's manager's comments after the game were laughable. A point was about right for each team, and there were no hard luck stories - we lacked a cutting edge, and Macc look like a very average team who got a soft goal and then tried (unsuccessfully) to park the bus. They got what they deserved for their time-wasting when we were frankly there for the taking for the 10-15 minutes after they scored their first.

I stick to what I said earlier in the week. We've done well to have such a good unbeaten run, but I really think we might come unstuck against the other sides in the top 7.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

I went too, it was quite enjoyable. Slightly strange game in as much as we generally looked the better side but I think Macclesfield created the better chances. 1-1 was fair.

If their manager is referring to Boden falling in the penalty area then that was one of the worst dives I've ever seen, really not a penalty. The referee wasn't good and was one of those that if two players were going for the ball and one fell over, he'd get the free kick.

It was an inconsistent performance, good in parts and very ordinary in others, but we never gave up and got what we deserved. We played 4-4-2 most of the game (Potter behind Constable at first until Smalley came on) and I wasn't really convinced, especially once Smalley came on as at that point we went direct and looked half the team. I'm not sure McClaren has the legs to play as part of 2 central midfielders and Leven was generally not that influential.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

More than nine minutes of highlights from yesterday's match on their version of Player and for my money Tremarco was beaten in the air fairly and squarely - there was no foul. Play acting for me.

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/Home
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

You don't have to be able to run to have a tap in at the back post. And I'll say it again, it's a problem for all of football, maybe our clubs are a bit unluckier than average.
captainox
Toddler

Re:

Post by captainox »

- Your goal resulted from a foul throw (players foot crossed the touchline) and 2 pushes firstly on Batt from the throw and then McLaren when the ball was lobbed back in.
- First Pen Shout seen them given and not given.
- Second Pen Shout Boden dived and he knew he'd been caught out with the amount of abuse we gave him.
- Tremarco lost out to a 50/50 challenge and stayed down (if it had been Macc chasing the game, he would not have stayed down)
- Your timewasting brought about the 5 minutes of added time.

- You also missed 4/5 great chances in the first half.