We don't get penalties!!!

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

We don't get penalties!!!

Post by joepoolman »

Maybe I'm biased but I'm sick of thinking at most matches that we should've had one. I think it's a universal problem that there's one rule outside the box and one rule in it, but our main problem is our honesty, the lads always stay on their feet, which leaves you with a lot of pride but no goals. I'm not saying they should go down easily, I just needed to rant about it because I think we are really hard done by. I make it 3 pens in 49 matches last year.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,1 ... 36,00.html

Sorry to keep on with this but look at photos 13 &amp 14 and try tell me that's not another one we should've had!!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

At the time it looked like it might have been shoulder to shoulder within playing distance of the ball, which I believe is still legitimate. The pics make it look like a push. But it is hard to tell from single framed photos.
He didn't stay on his feet though and still the penalty wasn't given.
Another poor referee.

Wonder how many other teams have not been awarded a penalty this season?
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

Yemi used to get loads for us, darting into the box and some numpty would fling a leg at him.

I think defenders are better at this level and we have not exactly got someone with electic pace in the same sort of mold as Yemi.
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Will Slumdon get more pens now that the DICK HEAD is asking his players to dive?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15152601.stm
We might not have penalties but at least we have pride.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Will s*****n get more pens now that the DICK HEAD is asking his players to dive?
Or will they get more players booked for diving?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Will s*****n get more pens now that the DICK HEAD is asking his players to dive?
Or will they get more players booked for diving?
Exactly my thoughts, it's one thing to tell your players in private to be 'professional' but to announce it to the media puts pressure on referees to be 110% sure before giving the scum a penalty - well done Paulo, another own goal.
silkyman
Sperm

Post by silkyman »

I think Macc got two penalties last season. The first coming in April!

We've not had one yet this season. So we're on roughly one every nine months.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Well I did say it was a problem throughout football. Mind you, didn't you have Ricky Sappleton up front half of last season? He actually can't run, decreasing your chance of getting a penalty.
silkyman
Sperm

Post by silkyman »

#Sappleton barely played a game last season becaus ehe was injured. Anyone he scored against must have been shit... Oh...

As for penalties. Case in fucking point today.

Did you bring the ref with you? Interesting tactic of elbowing the left back in the face to create space for your goal though.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotsilkyman&quot wrote:#Sappleton barely played a game last season becaus ehe was injured. Anyone he scored against must have been shit... Oh...

As for penalties. Case in fucking point today.

Did you bring the ref with you? Interesting tactic of elbowing the left back in the face to create space for your goal though.
Nice of you to show your face. Not so nice of you to be so snarling when you don't take all the points..

Shut the door on your way out.
silkyman
Sperm

Post by silkyman »

We were 'done' by the officials today. Pure and simple. Well done on your point, but you got it through refereeing incompetence.

I'm snarling because I'm pissed off we had two points stolen off us.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Was there any timewasting today ?

The bloke with a 'head injury' - was he ok ?

Just wondered, like.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

If the officials were on our side, that would be a first. Oh and you think you had a victory snatched from you? At least 3 times already we've let slip a winning position only to end up drawing.