Wilder OUT

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

I am sick of people that change their mind after every single game about Wilder and certain players!! If you have an opinion fine, but take it on the last three years, not three days!! And taking that into account all that I am firmly behind Wilder, and will be till we're back in the bottom half of the conference! Where do you think we'd be now if Patterson had stayed in charge?
DANCHU-4-OU
Baby

Post by DANCHU-4-OU »

Playing Didcot Town maybe :P
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotDANCHU-4-OU&quot wrote:Playing Didcot Town maybe :P
It seems unlikely that Didcot would have made it to the Championship in such a short time :P
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re: Wilder OUT

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Before it's too late
Tabbernackle - Are you one of the people responsible for the Wider Out campaign on Facebook?
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
Tabbernackle - Are you one of the people responsible for the Wider Out campaign on Facebook?
Facebook? Jeez, I'm still getting me ed round texting!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:
&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:
Facebook? Jeez, I'm still getting me ed round texting!
Why not try mastering commonsense discussions / arguements before you move on to anything a little bit technical?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Err.....two away wins with clean sheets.

No need to rush Talbot back then, Tabbernackle ?
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

To be honest it is absolutely ridiculous that some supporters were wanting CW out. They must have so so short memories.

To think of Kemp, Wright, Rix, Talbot, Patterson etc. And then to think that CW achieved Promotion via the most fantastic day at Wembley, managed to win at Swin*** for the first time since the 1960's, and has every season improved on the past season and yet ......

It seems to me that there is some sort of personal vendetta going on.

Sure there are questions at times of some of CW's signings and tactics. And sure CW can at times seem stubborn in his defence of his favoured 4-3-3 formation etc. But did people seriously want him to leave?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I think it's more the case that in this day and age it's easy for half a dozen excitable kids with access to the internet to wind themselves and each other up and appear to be some kind of group or movement. In fact on this site I think there's only ever been one person who expressed the opinion that Wilder should go, and even they changed their mind after one result!

Sadly there are people who think it is clever and funny to wind other people up, regardless of whether by doing so their witterings cause offence or consternation. In fact that is probably their aim.

There are probably also a good number of young supporters who do not remember the era from Kemp to Patterson, and hear Premiershit armchair fans on 606 demanding managerial change every half a season and don't see why they shouldn't shout their mouths off too.

I would be very alarmed if I thought there were any number of serious fans wanting us to change manager now, but I don't think that's the case. I think it's just typical overblown internet froth.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

He just needs to ditch the half-time team talks...

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/fsthalf.html
Bushy
Toddler

Post by Bushy »

I always thought games should last 45 minutes
:D
Turn Byrney, turn.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:I think it's more the case that in this day and age it's easy for half a dozen excitable kids with access to the internet to wind themselves and each other up and appear to be some kind of group or movement.
Woah, don't assume that it's just kids that go around shouting Wilder out because they're impatient etc. I've been backing Wilder to the hills on here and on Bbc Oxford and I'm 16, whereas when we've been on a really bad run (ie the one of Autumn/Winter last year) my Dad, who's 50 hasn't been so sure.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:I think it's more the case that in this day and age it's easy for half a dozen excitable kids with access to the internet to wind themselves and each other up and appear to be some kind of group or movement.
Woah, don't assume that it's just kids that go around shouting Wilder out because they're impatient etc. I've been backing Wilder to the hills on here and on Bbc Oxford and I'm 16, whereas when we've been on a really bad run (ie the one of Autumn/Winter last year) my Dad, who's 50 hasn't been so sure.
Yeah, but there's a difference between being privately 'not sure' and very publicly setting up facebook groups and starting shouty topics on forums. I reckon it's mainly kids that do the latter. And when I say kids I don't necessarily mean schoolkids, I just mean younger fans who haven't experienced the hell of watching a really shit Oxford team for years on end and are used to arguing with people from behind their keyboards without much thought.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Hi Wrighty, hows your leg? Look both ways in future.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
Yeah, but there's a difference between being privately 'not sure' and very publicly setting up facebook groups and starting shouty topics on forums. I reckon it's mainly kids that do the latter. And when I say kids I don't necessarily mean schoolkids, I just mean younger fans who haven't experienced the hell of watching a really shit Oxford team for years on end and are used to arguing with people from behind their keyboards without much thought.
Hmm fair enough, I just get frustrated at kids getting labelled with things so I kind of pounce on aything similar. But for the record I think anyone of any age with a decent memory and common sense is &gt99% behind Wilder.