Get in...

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Get in...

Post by A-Ro »

Job done, even crap referees can't stop us now. Di Canio has proved what an absolute ringpiece he is, he won't be there at the end of the season.

I hate it when we defend a lead for the whole of the second half, it doesn't do my blood pressure any good at all

But here we are, on a roll and four points above the scum.

I love it.
Last edited by A-Ro on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssss! :D
That is all.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Funniest bit for me was joining in with the Scum fans moaning at their team in the later stages of the second half. ‘Rubbish Town’, ‘Shit’, ‘Keep the ball on the floor for fucks sake’, ‘No one there’, ‘Get that donkey off the pitch’ etc.

Worse bit was seeing an Oxford fan blatantly celebrating our first goal close to where I was sitting. They came at him like piranhas in a feeding frenzy and it took the stewards at least a minute to get him out. Hope he’s ok.

Oh, and by the way, if you're reading this Mr. Brodetsky, then the next time you see me in the home end at an away game please don’t make the greeting quite as publicly obvious as you did today! :-)

Up The Football League We Go...
oufcharry80
Toddler

Post by oufcharry80 »

Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssss! :D
That is all.
Oh, yes. Yes, yes, yes. Even if we were rather crap &amp got away with it. Yes, yes, yes, &amp some more.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I don't think we were crap I think we were guilty of trying to defend a lead. I don't know if it is a deliberate tactic or a psychological reaction to taking the lead, all I know is that it is not pretty and it more often than not lets you down. Thankfully we got away with it today.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quotSometime an ugly bird's not the worst&quot
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotSome weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.&quot

Ian Holloway
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

It seems wrong to try and analyse the performance in the wake of such a historic victory, but as it was my first game of the season and first look at the new players, here goes:

First half they looked much more up for it than we did. We were slow to everything in the middle of the park and gave the ball away much too easily. The midfielders and Potter were the worst culprits. Davis was ok if a little frail defensively. Whing just looked slow and unfit. But, glory be, we scored from two great set-pieces and took an unlikely lead into the break. The question everyone around me was asking at half-time was 'how on earth are we winning this match?'

The game changed after Di Canio's dismissal, I thought. Without his ridiculously fake and ostentatious 'passion' from the sidelines, the home team lost their way, and we bossed things for a large period of the second half, without showing any real ability to threaten their goal ourselves. Had Beano slotted away his hattrick chance we would have seen the game out comfortably (and I'd have a few more hat points), but it wasn't to be. Still I didn't think we were overly troubled in the closing stages.

Clarke, Duberry and Wright were immense. If they keep that form up we'll not concede too many this season. Special mention for Clarke, who looked focussed and up for it, and held on to everything they threw at him. Duberry's a great signing, calming things down at the back.

Beano's finishing was the difference between the sides ultimately. I really hope he's not going anywhere. The other forwards tried hard enough, but didn't give me any confidence that we'll score goals if we sell Constable.

But hey, we won at the County Ground. I still can't quite believe it. I've been going there for 23 years, and had given up hope of it ever happening. But now it has, and after an initial moment of euphoria, the overriding sensation is now of relief. The monkey's off our back. There will be less pressure the next few times we go there, and hopefully we can use this as a springboard for our season.

I do wish they'd put a roof on that away end though. What a horrible place to watch football.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:It seems wrong to try and analyse the performance in the wake of such a historic victory, but as it was my first game of the season and first look at the new players, here goes:

First half they looked much more up for it than we did. We were slow to everything in the middle of the park and gave the ball away much too easily. The midfielders and Potter were the worst culprits. Davis was ok if a little frail defensively. Whing just looked slow and unfit. But, glory be, we scored from two great set-pieces and took an unlikely lead into the break. The question everyone around me was asking at half-time was 'how on earth are we winning this match?'

The game changed after Di Canio's dismissal, I thought. Without his ridiculously fake and ostentatious 'passion' from the sidelines, the home team lost their way, and we bossed things for a large period of the second half, without showing any real ability to threaten their goal ourselves. Had Beano slotted away his hattrick chance we would have seen the game out comfortably (and I'd have a few more hat points), but it wasn't to be. Still I didn't think we were overly troubled in the closing stages.

Clarke, Duberry and Wright were immense. If they keep that form up we'll not concede too many this season. Special mention for Clarke, who looked focussed and up for it, and held on to everything they threw at him. Duberry's a great signing, calming things down at the back.

Beano's finishing was the difference between the sides ultimately. I really hope he's not going anywhere. The other forwards tried hard enough, but didn't give me any confidence that we'll score goals if we sell Constable.

But hey, we won at the County Ground. I still can't quite believe it. I've been going there for 23 years, and had given up hope of it ever happening. But now it has, and after an initial moment of euphoria, the overriding sensation is now of relief. The monkey's off our back. There will be less pressure the next few times we go there, and hopefully we can use this as a springboard for our season.

I do wish they'd put a roof on that away end though. What a horrible place to watch football.
KY- I totally agree with everything you've said.

Whing was sweating dust at the end, but that's the first time I've seen him look so tired in a game this season.

Not sure that Macc and Leven will work together in the middle of the park (a Lamps / Stevie G situation, perhaps?!) as they both require time on the ball, but they don't give each other protection to buy time on the ball. We need two &quotdefensive&quot midfielders in there, to allow one of the two of them to be a ball player.

Also, one of the best all round goalkeeping performances from an Oxford no.1 in a very long time.

Yes, I hope they put a roof on that stand. I'm burnt to a crisp today!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

The finest birthday present a man can have........
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:The finest birthday present a man can have........
Agreed - It's my birthday tomorrow and I had my present early.

We have to build on this epic win.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:&quotSometime an ugly bird's not the worst&quot
Agree, unless the bird's a Robin. For a start it’s a bit small for a truly satisfying experience, even if you went and wrapped it up in sellotape to stop it splitting when you were doing it.

Bring on the 3rd of March...

Admin may remove this posting.