Beano update?

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Beano update?

Post by Roo »

Kelvin Thomas will be on RadOx at around 5.30 to talk about the Beano transfer rumours!
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Missed it, what did he say? I think it's all rubbish anyway, the fact that a team has made a bid has nothing to do with whether a player wants to go, and if you'd asked me whether he was happy at the club before these rumours I would've said almost definitely, judging by the passion he shows and his comments upon signing a new cotract.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Nothing new. Just said the same as in his previous interview pretty much.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

I love to say I told you so: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14613284.stm

Yes I know players have said things like this in the past then gone against them at every reason, but we have no reason not to trust Beano!
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

I think for strikers in particular, they know when they're onto a good thing. He's getting goals at Oxford, is respected by the fans for what he's done and what he has the potential to do, he's got a manager who believes in him and a long-term contract to give im stability.

Why would he move to a lower-ranked club (or one elsewhere in the same division)? Even if he got more money, he'd be starting from scratch with the other players, the fans and the manager. And if he didn't get goals straight away, his place would be under threat. Whereas here, he can have the occasional 'off' spell because we have confidence in him.

You can't under-estimate the importance of all of the above. I think - and hope - he'll be here for a while yet, unless a MUCH bigger club comes knocking.
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

After the Slumdon match and off-field shenanigans I thought it was only fair I wrote a little about OUR Mr Constable. For me, the Slumdon match confirmed him as a legend - a word that is so ridiculously overused it's untrue, and one that I'm usually reluctant to use. Maybe it's just the post-Slumdon euphoria talking but I think it's deserved given everything he's done for the club while he's been here.

http&#58//theboysfromupthehill&#46blogs ... nd&#46html