Just seen the goals...

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Just seen the goals...

Post by recordmeister »

...(granted, I wasn't at the game Jerome) and apparently someone wants to buy Jake Wright off us.

Not after that goal, surely.

HEAD IT!

Oh...
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

To be fair there was 30 seconds left of the injury time in extra time.

So he was wanting Clarke to come and get it and launch one final clearance.

A mistake no doubt but in the context of the game, it wasn't a huge howler.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I'm with RM on that, no matter what point in the game, as last defender you always make sure.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Yes, very poor from Wright, regardless of the time of the game. In fact, it possibly made it worse as there were still valuable seconds left in which we could have equalised. Unlikely, I know, but still possible.

Incidentally, for those who have seen the goals on TV, was Cardiff's first actually scored by Conway?! I thought it was touched last by Wright (no blame there though obviously) before Batt's desperate behind the line clearance?!
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

I am with GY and TheOx. No excuses despite the dying seconds of the game, it 'could' have cost us an equaliser and a plum-tie in Round 2.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed that game of football and I hope that style is what we start to employ away from home, starting on the 21 August.

We just seem to have two contrasting styles of football, one seems successful, the other is ultra defensive.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

That third goal was a reminder of some of last season's mistakes. Let's hope it was a one off.

Apart from that it was a cracking game of football, I was particularly impressed with Liam Davis and Peter Leven.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

I thought Wright was pretty good apart from that mistake. No thoroughly defending him here but tired body and mentally tired too after such a valiant effort will have been a factor would it not?
Could also argue if Pitman had been better at finishing he would have won it for us just before the end and hence given us a chance of a plum Rd 2 tie.
oufcharry80
Toddler

Post by oufcharry80 »

oxford played out of their skin , ok the defense consieded sloppy goals but we were playing cardiff and we bossed them in the 2nd half , so im quite happy with the way we played.

heres a video of the teams coming out with the new entrance music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLSchdquGh8