Juxtaposition

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Juxtaposition

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Slightly unfortunate that the article featuring Michael Duberry bigging up the Cardiff match on the official club website contains an advert halfway through for Club Wembley ('next chance to sample all this wonderful hospitality - 10th August England vs Netherlands'). Or at least it did when I just looked.

Also slightly unfortunate that Us vs Cardiff is being played at the same time as not only an England international (live on ITV), but also a Wales one. And Scotland and Ireland are playing too. I know our tie was moved because Cardiff played yesterday, but it's bound to have a negative effect on the attendance. Possibly a significant one. Maybe we should get a share of the TV money from yesterday's game to compensate...
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

As has been previously posted on here, it seems that this could work in our favour as all their internationals won't be there.

If we don't take the chance to beat a team without a lot of their star players, than we're the mugs, despite what will obvs be a low gate due to international friendlies. Which i admit, seems like a strange time to play when England are on the telly.
ox11yellow
Embryo

Post by ox11yellow »

With all that's going on in London at the moment, there's no guarentee that the England match will go ahead.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotox11yellow&quot wrote:With all that's going on in London at the moment, there's no guarentee that the England match will go ahead.
I'm not sure we can be 100% that ours will either, for that matter! A lot of TVP are being redeployed to London, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if our game was also put in doubt.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotox11yellow&quot wrote:With all that's going on in London at the moment, there's no guarentee that the England match will go ahead.
England game off - might add a few to our attendance
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:
England game off - might add a few to our attendance
Yes, be careful what you wish for....