No votes
Not Sure
23%

Total votes: 13

DANCHU-4-OU
Baby

New Away Kit

Post by DANCHU-4-OU »

The new deep/dark blue away it looks awesome I think!!!

At least this season there is significant difference between home || away kits, Just wondered what you all thought of it??? :P
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Didn't expect to but....yes! Surprisingly smart, and thankfully different.

What I'd give to see them all wear black boots with it though, but I don't suppose that'll ever happen again.
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

I really like it, it's so much better than last year's. The one thing that worries me is this: &quotwe're looking forward to wearing it throughout the season at our away matches&quot. Can it not be worn only when there's a colour clash?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Like it a lot, but I'd keep the sleeves the same colour and have yellow shorts and socks, for change with the home kit. Also, note that Shrewsbury's kit is blue and yellow stripes this year, so I presume the white kit will get one last hurrah (although I think you could get away with the new away kit).
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:I really like it, it's so much better than last year's. The one thing that worries me is this: &quotwe're looking forward to wearing it throughout the season at our away matches&quot. Can it not be worn only when there's a colour clash?
I think the clue is in the name 'away kit', rather than 'second kit'. I'm not sure how believable this is, but I read once that the trades descriptions act means people who buy it can expect it to be worn by the team at away games where possible.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:I really like it, it's so much better than last year's. The one thing that worries me is this: &quotwe're looking forward to wearing it throughout the season at our away matches&quot. Can it not be worn only when there's a colour clash?
I think the clue is in the name 'away kit', rather than 'second kit'. I'm not sure how believable this is, but I read once that the trades descriptions act means people who buy it can expect it to be worn by the team at away games where possible.
I also wish we could wear yellow away but (I'm fairly sure) all the Premier League teams call it an &quotaway kit&quot and (pretty much) all of them only wear it when required.
Out of the gloom
Puberty

Post by Out of the gloom »

The only Football League rule is that the away team must be ‘clearly distinguishable’. So ‘home’, ‘away’, ‘first’ or ‘second’ is acceptable.

Can’t fault the choice of dark blue. It has associations with the city and is practical as leisurewear. I’d have preferred an all white second kit, but each to their own.

In isolation all designs (home, away and the green goalkeeper) are good and among the best available in the Nike range. My objection remains the sheer number of changes in recent seasons. At present, the club is in the final year of the JustSport deal. Presumably all change again next year?

If it was the only new kit this season and going to be used next season. I’d buy the new away shirt. As it is I won’t.