USA Tour

Anything yellow and blue
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

USA Tour

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Any idea how many supporters have made the trip? Any idea if any RO members have gone and are any of you logging on from the US if so, how's it going?

I would have loved to have gone, but moving house this year rendered it impossible!!
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

Im not but apparently Simon Clist is, and the gaffer made comments on his attitude.

I still think he is good enough for us.
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I've been in Boston since Saturday, moving up the coast tomorrow for the games. On tiu a USA based fan reckons 50 for the midweek game and 100 for the Saturday. (plus home and neutrals). It has been hot, sunny and humid here - will have been tough training in that although I doubt the players are overindulging on food and drink like me.

Unfortunately I think I will be out of a free wifi or Internet connection from tomorrow so won't be able to update with match reports unless I find an cafe. My phone charges £3 a meg for Internet which is a bit rich.
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

Incidentally, I have written a guide to the tour for anyone who is interested to know what we can expect ahead of tomorrow's first match.

http&#58//theboysfromupthehill&#46blogs ... ur&#46html

Anyway, shameless plug aside it will be interesting to see how many turn out for this and also whether many Oxford fans have travelled - if I remember rightly the club had a deal with Virgin Atlantic and with local hotels for Oxford fans, so I wonder how many will have taken that up. Do we have many fans exiled in New England?
IvanTheOx
Embryo

Post by IvanTheOx »

My relatives who live in Boston tell me that it's 80 - 90 degrees and the humidity is horrendous!
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

Re:

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

&quotIvanTheOx&quot wrote:My relatives who live in Boston tell me that it's 80 - 90 degrees and the humidity is horrendous!
The news coming out of the club has said as much as well. This tour could prove to be a mistake, three games in a week in these conditions will be incredibly draining for the players.
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:
&quotIvanTheOx&quot wrote:My relatives who live in Boston tell me that it's 80 - 90 degrees and the humidity is horrendous!
The news coming out of the club has said as much as well. This tour could prove to be a mistake, three games in a week in these conditions will be incredibly draining for the players.
It will toughen them up :D
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I hope that they have some insect repellent.

When I went to Boston at this time of year 2 years ago we could not stay out on our friends veranda in the evening.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:Incidentally, I have written a guide to the tour for anyone who is interested to know what we can expect ahead of tomorrow's first match.

http&#58//theboysfromupthehill&#46blogs ... ur&#46html
Nice blog. Certainly told me more about our US tour than I've found out anywhere else.

Slightly concerned by the quality of the opposition we're facing. The highlights videos of the Seacoast and Mass United games don't make particularly pretty viewing - except for the Brooklyn Italians' throw-ins, which are very special!
IvanTheOx
Embryo

Post by IvanTheOx »

Did anyone else stay up and listen to the game!

I am knackered had to be in work at 5.30 so today is just going to be a blur. Missed most of the first half because there were technical difficulties with Yellow Player. Got to admit the game sounded really boring, no real action. The lads struggled I think on an astro pitch with white lines for a game of American Football! Having got off to a great start it just turned into a bit of a training game by the sound of it. I was struggling to stay awake for the end of it! Not to worry, one down and two to go, it's all about getting fit and your sharpness back.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:I hope that they have some insect repellent.

When I went to Boston at this time of year 2 years ago we could not stay out on our friends veranda in the evening.
Boston is full of insects they're otherwise known as Red Sox fans
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Well I've Done a write up but the poxy work laptop can't fin the wifi, so stuck with the phone. Will have to post from home next week. Sorry!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Was it as disappointing as Chris Wilder's body language seemed to suggest in his post match interview?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Was it as disappointing as Chris Wilder's body language seemed to suggest in his post match interview?
:-)

I wouldn’t worry too much about that, any more than the club can do much about the live feed for the game. I just hope the players enjoy themselves on what is after all a team bonding exercise...
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Was it as disappointing as Chris Wilder's body language seemed to suggest in his post match interview?
Only duberry batt and JPP seem to have been up for it. Shame I can't post the full report it took me an hour typing up this morning. 5/10 I score it. On a par with drawing against Barnet / Lewes, but not quite as bad as losing to Tonbridge, H&ampY, Grays.