Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Peter Leven signs 2 year deal

Post by Swissbloke »

A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Where are we going to play him? It is said that he can also play out wide or at full back.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

He is a bloody great signing.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I hope we called AFC Wimbledon first to check that they're okay with us signing and ex-MK Dons player...
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Looking at how angry the MK Dons fans are that he rejected a 2 year extension to join us...I'm sure the AFC fans will be fine :-)

The Mk fans are serisouly going doo-lally. Brilliant :-)
Peacedon
Embryo

Post by Peacedon »

You have a great player in Leven - we all thought he was going to a Championship club or further north
Aylesbury Rich
Brat

Post by Aylesbury Rich »

Fantastic signing...up there with Whing and Smalley. Very very excited about the new season now!
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Looking at how angry the MK Dons fans are that he rejected a 2 year extension to join us...I'm sure the AFC fans will be fine :-)

The Mk fans are serisouly going doo-lally. Brilliant :-)
Might add a few more to the gate for the friendly then...
Belgian Yellow
Toddler

Re:

Post by Belgian Yellow »

&quotAylesbury Rich&quot wrote:Fantastic signing...up there with Whing and Smalley. Very very excited about the new season now!
Better I think.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotI'd bet Oxford are paying more than we offered. It will equally have been the fact that he'll receive a substantial signing on bonus as a free agent which will have swung it too.

Leven would have been one of our top earners but you have to question how much we wanted to keep him now (was it a reduced wage, even?) . I'm guessing that Oxford was one of a small number of offers on the table but had the best terms and no relocation costs. A big(ish) club for L2, but with nothing like our potential for growth. A strange move.&quot

Is it simply my Yellow specs or does anyone else think that it is us that has the greater potential for growth?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:&quot A big(ish) club for L2, but with nothing like our potential for growth.

Why do we hate them so - just a bit of reinforcement, not that it was needed in my case. (Not saying it isn't true mind. But our arrogance didn't help us much in the Conference for years one, two and three).

I think we each took the same number to Wembley and we were at a level below.

Perhaps Leven has a different view on potential for growth and development.
Mkdon
Embryo

Post by Mkdon »

He is good in midfield with great shot and special long throw.
See you in two weeks :)
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotPeacedon&quot wrote:You have a great player in Leven - we all thought he was going to a Championship club or further north
Thanks.

The Leven signing looks a real statement of intent from Oxford United.
A stand out &quotmarquee&quot signing for us this summer and a great piece of business. Not many signings in League Two come close to this one so far.

Leven brings many attributes to the part - not least goals, a terrific left foot and great set piece delivery.

I can't believe we've got him !
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

&quotThere has been interest in Leven from several clubs, including Millwall and Crystal Palace. But in July 2011 he signed a 2 year deal with Npower League 2 side Oxford United.&quot

Ha ha. Looks like we are one of the big boys. Also, I recon Wilder has created a reputation as a fantastic man manager, not to mention the Us reputation of a fantastic fan base... Roll on the new season.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

Delighted with the signing... At this rate, we will just keep improving and we are only going one way in the next few years.... UP!

COYY
EIEIEIO