Jake Wright captain

Anything yellow and blue
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Jake Wright captain

Post by Boogie »

Good decision IMHO.

Beano can now concentrate on niggling defenders and hopefully be told to keep out of the way if anything flares up anywhere else.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

And he can be told to stay on side!
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Re:

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:And he can be told to stay on side!
here here!
EIEIEIO
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Always better when he runs the channels coming from deeper with Craddock or another striker playing the central role.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

I'm behind Wilder 110% but this is one of the little things that annoy me about him. For at least a year now a lot of us have been saying Constable probably shouldn't be captain, with Wright the leading candidate to replace him but Wilder has only made the decision now. Hope Beano can rediscover his 9/10 form from 2008-10 rather than the admittedly (it pains me to say it) 7/10 form from last season.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:I'm behind Wilder 110% but this is one of the little things that annoy me about him. For at least a year now a lot of us have been saying Constable probably shouldn't be captain, with Wright the leading candidate to replace him but Wilder has only made the decision now. Hope Beano can rediscover his 9/10 form from 2008-10 rather than the admittedly (it pains me to say it) 7/10 form from last season.
i hope your scoring takes in to account the fact he is playing in a totally different league, albeit in the lowest division of that league. I'd say he was an 8/10 in League 2, but the standards set of this division.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

On the other hand, maybe Beano gets away with some of endless his mouthing off and in the referee's face behaviour by being captain? He does seem to have got a little better over that, admittedly.
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

If he's going to be able to concentrate on his playing, maybe 22/1 for top goalscorer is a good bet.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Wright is rather injury prone. Who will be captain when he's out?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:I'm behind Wilder 110% but this is one of the little things that annoy me about him. For at least a year now a lot of us have been saying Constable probably shouldn't be captain, with Wright the leading candidate to replace him but Wilder has only made the decision now.
It annoys you that Wilder has made the captaincy decision that you wanted? Some people really are very hard to please.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:I'm behind Wilder 110% but this is one of the little things that annoy me about him. For at least a year now a lot of us have been saying Constable probably shouldn't be captain, with Wright the leading candidate to replace him but Wilder has only made the decision now.
It annoys you that Wilder has made the captaincy decision that you wanted? Some people really are very hard to please.
No he's right, Wilder should have stripped the captaincy from Constable mid-season. That would have gone down really well with the fans and players and really enticed him to sign a contract extension :roll:
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

I'm pleased that he's made the decision now, just slightly annoyed that he came to the decision after a lot of fans thought he should. Please don't think I'm one of these people that's on his back after we loose a couple games, or don't play Brazillian football, I can't stand the fans that are like that, I just feel he could've come to this decision earlier.
BillytheOx
Embryo

Post by BillytheOx »

Tabbernackle wrote:
And he can be told to stay on side!

here here!
Triple Here Here
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotheadless_pnub&quot wrote:
No he's right, Wilder should have stripped the captaincy from Constable mid-season. That would have gone down really well with the fans and players and really enticed him to sign a contract extension :roll:
I think he should've made Wright permanent captain a year ago, not mid-season. And do you really think Beano only signed a new contract because he was captain? No, he signed because he is clearly pasionate about the club, confident in the manager, chairman and squad, popular with the fans, and has enjoyed the three most successful seasons of his career to date.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Will Duberry not mind being the main man?