I don't bloody believe it.

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

I don't bloody believe it.

Post by A-Ro »

I have just realised that I have tickets for the Sunday of the Oval test match in August. I purchased tickets for Sunday to make sure I avoided the possibility of clashing with football and now Slumdon have moved their game to the same Sunday.

I don't get to take Mrs. Ro to many sporting events and the tickets weren't cheap and we have seats in the pavilion. I can see me not travelling down the A420 at this rate.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: I don't bloody believe it.

Post by Baboo »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:I have just realised that I have tickets for the Sunday of the Oval test match in August. I purchased tickets for Sunday to make sure I avoided the possibility of clashing with football and now s*****n have moved their game to the same Sunday.

I don't get to take Mrs. Ro to many sporting events and the tickets weren't cheap and we have seats in the pavilion. I can see me not travelling down the A420 at this rate.
Oh dear. Police decision of course. Sell your test tickets &amp take Mrs. Ro to the County Ground - is that an option?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:I have just realised that I have tickets for the Sunday of the Oval test match in August. I purchased tickets for Sunday to make sure I avoided the possibility of clashing with football and now s*****n have moved their game to the same Sunday.

Oh dear. Police decision of course. Sell your test tickets &amp take Mrs. Ro to the County Ground - is that an option?
Not even a remote one, she can't stand football. I'm going to be screwed whatever happens. If I choose the cricket what's the betting that it will rain all day without a ball being bowled.
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

Not even a remote one, she can't stand football. I'm going to be screwed whatever happens. If I choose the cricket what's the betting that it will rain all day without a ball being bowled.
Just over an hour and a half from kennington to the county ground.

Leave at 1, youll be fine.
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I also have the same problem am taking the missus and her 83 year old gran who loves cricket and has never been to the Oval.

Getting out of this one is going to be tricky...............
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:I also have the same problem am taking the missus and her 83 year old gran who loves cricket and has never been to the Oval.

Getting out of this one is going to be tricky...............
Can you take my Mrs. as well? no point us both suffering :D
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

I'm glad I got my ticket for the Thursday :D
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:I'm glad I got my ticket for the Thursday :D
I would have done normally but I'm running short of leave. When you consider I've purchased an extra five days as well that's not bad touring.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:Just over an hour and a half from kennington to the county ground.

What, and arrive just before the final whistle?

Kick-off's at 1pm, which incidentally makes my train journey from Cornwall on a Sunday pretty bloody tricky...
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:Just over an hour and a half from kennington to the county ground.

What, and arrive just before the final whistle?

Kick-off's at 1pm, which incidentally makes my train journey from Cornwall on a Sunday pretty bloody tricky...
Live and learn.

1pm? Madness, fancy not letting everyone get smashed and up for a barney before the game....
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Take your missus to the cricket, tell her you are going to the bar for a drink, come back 4.5 hours later, and tell her the queues were quite long....
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Take your missus to the cricket, tell her you are going to the bar for a drink, come back 4.5 hours later, and tell her the queues were quite long....
:D

That's funny.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

This is not a problem at all.

The way that the famous old Oxford boy Andrew Strauss is talking England up, you'd expect the game to be all over by lunch on the Saturday.

Refunded cricket tickets, honour spared, and Mrs Ro will have no choice but to head down the Road to Hell with you on the Sunday for to have any kind of live sporting fix that weekend.

Sorted, I tell you. Didn't Straussy used to stand on the London Road, left side during his heyday at Radley?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote:This is not a problem at all.

The way that the famous old Oxford boy Andrew Strauss is talking England up, you'd expect the game to be all over by lunch on the Saturday.

Refunded cricket tickets, honour spared, and Mrs Ro will have no choice but to head down the Road to Hell with you on the Sunday for to have any kind of live sporting fix that weekend.

Sorted, I tell you. Didn't Straussy used to stand on the London Road, left side during his heyday at Radley?
I will be puchasing my ticket just in case of that eventuality. The other potential get out is rain, TCMA-Ro loves cricket but hates football so the rain is going to have to be of apocalyptic proportions for me to take advantage of that one. I'm not going to be able to get away with a light shower in Oxford at 09:00, it's going to have to be a full on monsoon over The Oval making any play during the day impossible.

I very nearly managed to persuade her to swap the day at The Oval with two tickets for this Saturday's play at Lords but the fact that we are in the pavilion at The Oval swayed her decision. Drat that pesky membership.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I live 500 yards from the Oval and have just been offered a ticket to the Saturday session.

I will also be attending the Slumdon away game on the Sunday.

I'm the greatest. Bow down to me.