4%
Something else...
13%

Total votes: 24

joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

New kit.

Post by joepoolman »

I like it. Thought it was fairly average at first but it's growing on me, and most importantly it's all yellow (well bar trim) with blue shorts and socks! I hope the away kit's up to the same standard, think it might be black :( but maybe navy blue which i'd like...
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Re: New kit.

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:think it might be black :( but maybe navy blue which i'd like...
I hope our away kit is black! - maybe with some white and yellow tinges to it. We haven't had a black kit for a few years and they always look smart. I haven't liked any of our last few 'blue' away shirts ie last seasons and the old carlotti/buildbase one.

I'm fairly happy with the new shirt as it is great to be back in predominantly yellow. It still feels a bit painful to pay £40 for a shirt that just looks exactly like last years without a stripe or two.. but I guess that's always the way.

COYY
EIEIEIO
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Yeah i like some black kits but it annoys me cos i think refs should wear black. I wouldnt mind a red and blue striped one like the old one Joey Beauchamp wore for that photo for the testomonial.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Check out Real Soceidad's new away kit! It's our new home kit
headless_pnub
Brat

Post by headless_pnub »

He's a link: http://www.footballkitnews.com/2457/nik ... 2011-2012/

Socks is the only difference I can see.
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

I'm biased of course Back in Black!!
PS Glad to see the inclusion of yellow on the Home shirt again
Bring back the black away shirt!
oufcharry80
Toddler

Post by oufcharry80 »

i rekon the away kit should be salmon pink or even bright orange , it would be a lot better than the usual black , blue or white away kits

video from the open day yesterday underneath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmtWe2JV ... amplist=UL
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

White for the away shirt please.

The new home kit is a big improvement on last season's debacle. I think the long sleeve version looks better than the short sleeved one.

My disappointment lies in that they are only going up to size XXL in the new shirts.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hooray - it's yellow!

Why not have a yellow away shirt too? After all, we could wear it at 90% of away matches without clashing. It really annoys me when we wear a change strip for no reason other than sponsorship ca$h. Especially when our change strip was as revolting as last year's.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Hooray - it's yellow!

Why not have a yellow away shirt too? After all, we could wear it at 90% of away matches without clashing. It really annoys me when we wear a change strip for no reason other than sponsorship ca$h. Especially when our change strip was as revolting as last year's.
Agreed, where we can wear yellow, we should wear yellow.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by joepoolman »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Hooray - it's yellow!

Totally agree. Especially at S*****n. Please everyone text in to Radio Oxford on the post match of the game before S*****n away requesting the home strip for the derby, and hopefully the message will get through to who ever makes these decisions. Also let's pray it's not pink, see Southend and Bradford away (who worringly are both Nike like us) and Gillingham 3rd.
Long John Silver
Brat

Re:

Post by Long John Silver »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:White for the away shirt please.

The new home kit is a big improvement on last season's debacle. I think the long sleeve version looks better than the short sleeved one.

My disappointment lies in that they are only going up to size XXL in the new shirts.
Agree with you about white for the away kit (but the rumour is that it is navy).
I'd quite like the home kit of Real Sociedad as an away kit though!

Also think that the new home kit is much better than last years, but I think the long sleeve version just looks weird. It looks as if they have a long sleeved yellow vest on under a short sleeve top.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Black - no thanks. Yes, that's what referees should be wearing. And how easy is black to pick out on a dull and dingy day?
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

In Ice Hockey it is traditional for the Home side to wear their true colours, and the Away team have a black based alternative strip. Always seems to conjour up Good vs Evil! Totally agree that we should alwys wear Yellow whenever possible. The title should be 2nd strip rather than away.
Bring back the black away shirt!
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Purple. It's different and it goes well with yellow and blue for merchandise that uses both home and away colours. A yellow trim would set it off well.