Sw*ndon Away

Anything yellow and blue
Yellow-Robbo
Brat

Sw*ndon Away

Post by Yellow-Robbo »

As I live in Leeds I struggle to get to most of the away games in the south and can't see much sense in buying a season ticket this year. However I must go to the Sw*ndon away game! Anyway... a few questions that i'd appreciate people having a go at....

How many tickets do you think Scumdon will give us?

How will OUFC distribute the tickets - 1 per season ticket holder? Will they go on general sale?

Will they move kick of to 12:45pm or even move it to Sunday? - I think they might...

How much louder will we be when we get into the County Ground? (no need to answer this one)

Obviously no-one knows the answers to these yet (ignoring the latter) but I thought some of you guys will have a better idea about all of this than I do. I've only been to County Ground once 13 years ago when I was 10 so don't remember much about it.

Cheers!

:D
EIEIEIO
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

How many tickets do you think Scumdon will give us? -- Not sure, what is the capacity of that horrid little stand? We may get additional seating but there was loads of fighting up there last time.

How will OUFC distribute the tickets - 1 per season ticket holder? Will they go on general sale? -- 1 per season ticket holder and it'll be first come first served too.

Will they move kick of to 12:45pm or even move it to Sunday? - I think they might... -- probably.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Q. “How many tickets do you think STFC will give us?
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

I think ST holders should get as many tickets as they require (on a first come first served basis) Even if you need 14 (as I do ) what's the problem? If your keen enough and first in the queue then why not. Only about half ST will want to go anyway, and only a handful will want as many as I want. This would also reduce the number of the hoolies who want to attend for 'un-football reasons.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:I think ST holders should get as many tickets as they require (on a first come first served basis) Even if you need 14 (as I do ) what's the problem? If your keen enough and first in the queue then why not. Only about half ST will want to go anyway, and only a handful will want as many as I want. This would also reduce the number of the hoolies who want to attend for 'un-football reasons.
Get your mates to do what the rest have to and invest in a season ticket, the club could do with a influx of ST purchases.

How would your idea reduce a 'hoolie' element? Surely it would be more likely to see 'them' get their paws on them should the club implement your 'idea'? :roll:
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

Well it was only an idea. So what BB would you think is the fairest way of distributing 3,000 tickets then? Bearing in mind that most ST holders don't travel that well?
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Well it was only an idea. So what BB would you think is the fairest way of distributing 3,000 tickets then? Bearing in mind that most ST holders don't travel that well?
If season ticket holders travel as poorly as you say then there should be no problem for those wanting tickets when they go on general sale, but should a season ticket holder decide they want to go to one away match all year and that happens to be the Slumdon game then that is their right. They paid the club £250 without having any idea how the season was going to pan out so they get some perks.

You think it's fairer for someone and 12 of their mates to get tickets because one of their friends happens to hold a season ticket or for the fans who all pay their money upfront to have the chance?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:I think ST holders should get as many tickets as they require (on a first come first served basis) Even if you need 14 (as I do ) what's the problem? If your keen enough and first in the queue then why not. Only about half ST will want to go anyway, and only a handful will want as many as I want. This would also reduce the number of the hoolies who want to attend for 'un-football reasons.
Utter madness. One of the craziest suggestions ever put forward on this forum.
Plenty of season ticket holders travel away.
Season ticket holders have loads of mates who are once or twice or once every ten years if it's Slumdon type of fans so your 14 might be an underestimation and many season ticket holders further down the queue would be left disappointed. (Queue at the ticket office or over the phone / or both ?????)
Touts would be rubbing their hands.
Reduce the number of hoolies - are you having a laugh?

Thankfully you are not in charge of ticketing policy at OUFC.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:Well it was only an idea. So what BB would you think is the fairest way of distributing 3,000 tickets then? Bearing in mind that most ST holders don't travel that well?
I wouldn't do anything other than what the process is now. The club and ticket office have in my view, a perfectly fair way of distributing them.

You buy a season ticket, it provides the privilege to have first refusal on away tickets when those fixtures are all-ticket fixtures. You don't have to get to the ground at 4am of the morning tickets go on sale, you can call up and quote your Season Ticket Number and the Club sort it out for you.

Once the window has closed to season ticket holders (normally within a few days or so), tickets go on general sale. At which point, you can either call up and order it or if you prefer, go and stand up at the stadium until the ticket office opens.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Away game has been moved to 1pm Sunday 21st and Home game in March will be a 12.45 k/o
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotBrahma Bull&quot wrote:
I wouldn't do anything other than what the process is now. The club and ticket office have in my view, a perfectly fair way of distributing them.

You buy a season ticket, it provides the privilege to have first refusal on away tickets when those fixtures are all-ticket fixtures. You don't have to get to the ground at 4am of the morning tickets go on sale, you can call up and quote your Season Ticket Number and the Club sort it out for you.

Once the window has closed to season ticket holders (normally within a few days or so), tickets go on general sale. At which point, you can either call up and order it or if you prefer, go and stand up at the stadium until the ticket office opens.
I gave up my season ticket two years due to family/financial reasons but I still think the current system is the fairest and most practical.

I am desperate to go to the County Ground for the game but accept that I will have to take my chances a) with season ticket holders not snapping them all up and b) getting one in the general sale.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

I'm always looking at different alternatives as far as ticket allocations are concerned. On reflection I think I got that one slightly wrong. I guess I'll them all to buy a ST, they wont though.
headless_pnub
Brat

Re:

Post by headless_pnub »

&quotTabbernackle&quot wrote:I'm always looking at different alternatives as far as ticket allocations are concerned. On reflection I think I got that one slightly wrong. I guess I'll them all to buy a ST, they wont though.
Then they don't get to moan if they don't get a ticket. That's how fair works.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotYankee Clipper&quot wrote:Away game has been moved to 1pm Sunday 21st and Home game in March will be a 12.45 k/o
I'd guess, though happy to be corrected, that the Police get paid more on a Sunday than they do on a Saturday.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Consider yourself corrected!
Any other myths you want dispelling? :wink: