Henry Owen sponsorship - free food

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Henry Owen sponsorship - free food

Post by boris »

As a result of Rage Online's sponsorship of Henry Owen, we have been given 3 free tickets for the Sponsors Evening after the Lincoln game on 30 April. This will include nosh, having a photo taken with Henry and a chance to wander around aimlessly meeting all the players and other sponsors. It's actually quite fun, if you like that sort of thing.

Anyway, I have no idea how best to allocate the tickets, so I'll leave this discussion for you to decide among yourselves. The only thing is I need to know who (if anyone) will be coming by the end of Wednesday (due to Friday being a Bank Holiday to celebrate the end of the Monarchy, hopefully).
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Perhaps all those who are able to go and want to go should put their names into a hat. We could then ask Graham Kelly to preside over the draw?

Sadly, I am unable to go............
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Are you going to be there boris? I'd hate to be wandering around with a bunch of people I've never spoken to before.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Would have put myself forward for this particularly cos I know Henry, but have a wedding do that evening so no can do. Shame.
I don't believe Henry will be at the club next season.
Will a RO sponsored youth ever go on to make it into regular 1st team footie at Oxford?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Are you going to be there boris? I'd hate to be wandering around with a bunch of people I've never spoken to before.
Maybe - there is free food after all. However, my presence would be in a club capacity and not be one of the 3 RO spaces.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Are you going to be there boris? I'd hate to be wandering around with a bunch of people I've never spoken to before.
Maybe - there is free food after all. However, my presence would be in a club capacity and not be one of the 3 RO spaces.
Me too, but how can you turn down a free snack while you wait for the roads to empty after the game? If there is still a ticket available I’ll ponce one off you please, boris.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

As someone who contributed to the sponsorship I would like Snake
to attend provided OxVox El Presidente Mark Sennett went with him :lol:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:As someone who contributed to the sponsorship I would like Snake to attend provided OxVox El Presidente Mark Sennett went with him :lol:
Not sure that Mr. Sennett is really into Rage Online all that much as we’re maybe a tad too radical for him. Without Trevor and Sally he’s sort of in charge of the (rapidly diminishing) 12th Man Fund but he’ll no doubt get an independent freebee invite from Kelvin.

If I got a ticket then Hampshire Hog would be a far more appropriate dining partner, especially as given the limited club funds HH should be well stuffed after the pre-match meal at Oxy Oriental (like me!) so won’t be eating much corporate/OUFC food post-match.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

If you're calling me fat (or greedy) then I'll be very upset! As it happens I've been called worse than that by better people than you! :lol:

And it's well known that about two hours after you've stuffed yourself with cheap ingredients cooked the oriental way you actually feel like you're starving so it would be a false economy to send me!

Besides which I don't qualify as I'm too tight to contribute to a sponsrship which is guaranteed to reduce a bright prospect to a has-been before he-ever-was.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotHog&quot wrote:If you're calling me fat (or greedy) then I'll be very upset! As it happens I've been called worse than that by better people than you! :lol:

And it's well known that about two hours after you've stuffed yourself with cheap ingredients cooked the oriental way you actually feel like you're starving so it would be a false economy to send me!

Besides which I don't qualify as I'm too tight to contribute to a sponsorship which is guaranteed to reduce a bright prospect to a has-been before he-ever-was.
Calling you fat? Err, no. ‘Big’ (as in tall) may fit though!

Not sure if I’m going off topic on this thread but given that “food
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

On the other site it was said (a few months ago) the 50:50 concourse catering split wasn't happening. I've no idea whether that is true or not.

After Accrington Stanley's &quotMeat Pie&quot the other week, although the short crust egg glazed pastry was nice, what the 'meat' was with the potato I've not a clue.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Wow, is the Indian cheaper than the Oxy? I thought the Oxy was fairly cheap but I'm all for saving money - is the Indian food reasonable? Got to be better value than £3 for a pork bap at The Priory.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Wow, is the Indian cheaper than the Oxy? I thought the Oxy was fairly cheap but I'm all for saving money - is the Indian food reasonable? Got to be better value than £3 for a pork bap at The Priory.
Yep, the Ozone Indian is cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

////

A very well attended sponsorship do today post-match, but sadly no canapés (or any other grub).

When we filed in we were told to tell the registration people who we’d sponsored so I said “Henry Owen
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I'm in.