Where were you.....

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Where were you.....

Post by Mooro »

....when the rains came??

For me - Mid-walk between Sandhills and CPF, huddled firstly behind a tree before making it to a bus shelter for the worst bit. When it calmed a bit I carried on, wading through 6 inches of water in the subway under the Ring Road, to head down the cycle path, before giving up when news of the cancellation came through, walking up the river that the path up to Old headington had become then claiming sanctuary in the White Hart.

Hope they can re-arrange at some point, if only to let Ox city recoup some of the money they had spent on the BBQ and outside bar etc...
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

Stood in the clubhouse, watching the little kids scamper for cover, and the people doing the bbq under a gazebo hanging onto it as it first tried to escape across the pitch, and then attempt to collapse in on itself under the weight of water on it's roof.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Esconced safely in The Cavalier along with about 20 other Yellows, once the game was called off there seemed little point in leaving. What better excuse do you need to spend the afternoon in the pub. I even got my Mrs. to come down and join in the fun.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

in the clubhouse too, wondering what we could possibly do for the rest of the afternoon. sounds like you all had a similar idea. great minds eh?..
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I was in the covered seats at CPF, watching my son playing footy for Oxford City Colts against Quarry Rovers. Typically, he was the last player to leave the pitch when the game was called off (0-0). Eventually made it to the club house, between squalls, where Jason proceded to hassle me into submission for chocolate, crisps, cheese rolls, etc, etc.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Esconced safely in The Cavalier along with about 20 other Yellows, once the game was called off there seemed little point in leaving. What better excuse do you need to spend the afternoon in the pub. I even got my Mrs. to come down and join in the fun.
I had visions of 20 large U's fans trying to cram into an ageing Vauxhall... :lol:
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I was four fifths of the way there, left the A34 to buy a tent in Didcot, saw the black clouds in the distance and as I was wearing only a T shirt (a rather spendid Exiles T shirt as it happens) and shorts decided to turn round and head for home. Wish I'd put the roof up first though!
oxfordjames
Puberty

Post by oxfordjames »

Getting soaked watching Fever from the sidelines in leeds.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Twas on the M3 heading for Southampton Airport for me. Visibility nil. Had to stop. Very scary for a few moments. Not surprised when I found out later in the day that the game was called off. Glad I wasn't going.