Music to run out to

Anything yellow and blue
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Music to run out to

Post by Matt D »

no, not another post on what i want oxford to run out to, as the club seem to continually ignore me :roll:

instead, it being close season and there being not much to talk about, how about the worst choices of music to run out to we've had? my top 3 below - somewhat indicative of the period i've actually been going to matches, so i'd enjoy reading about earlier ones that were also TRULY terrible...

3. yazz and the plastic population: 'the only way is up'.

no, it isn't, and wasn't :cry:

2. the banana splits theme tune.

i still to this day occasionally wonder what exactly the thinking behind this was :shock:

but the honours go to: 1. coldplay: 'yellow'

a) coldplay wind me up anyway
b) it is a singularly miserable piece of music, you could look across the east stand and see all the pre-match excitement ebbing away from the crowd as the lethargy of that tune sank in
c) i don't know whether it was cause and effect, or just coincidence, or perhaps just my memory, but the football and the music seemed to mirror one another in an uncanny way. i think now of sitting in the east stand watching singularly unenergetic oxford sides to the accompaniment of a singularly unenergetic song, as the pre-match pint and autumn sun did their jobs, your chin dropped lower and lower, and you gently nodded off...
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I used to like Freda Payne(sp.?) and Band of Gold - but that was when we used to play in Old Gold.