Yellow Player

Anything yellow and blue
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Yellow Player

Post by amershamwrighty »

Dropped out 3 times already this evening - there is also an issue with the sound level, which is too low.

It really isn't worth £35. Rubbish service.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Mine's been fine all night although I think they might have got the score wrong?
Yellows!
Baby

Post by Yellows! »

A lot of people complain about problems but I've never had any if I'm honest. It could be something to do with the area people are in or the internet connection. If you are on an &quotunlimited&quot internet package it doesn't actually mean unlimited! They have a fair usage policy I think it's about 20g with most. If you download a lot of music or movies or you play online games a lot and always go over that 20g internet providers will cap your usage and slow your connection right down! Bunch of arseholes I know but that could be the problem!
Don't stop believing!
malcolmnl
Baby

Yellow player

Post by malcolmnl »

As an exile I have to use Yellow Player for live matches. Usually the quality is good but the last couple of weeks the sound level has gone very low.

This means that I turn my speakers right up.

But I also use futbal24.com to keep up to date with other matches and this website plays a chime as a goal is scored. This then blasts me out of my chair. Even made me drop my drink yesterday evening. :evil:

The sound level is (and always has been) ver y poor on the vieo interviews.

Come on Yellow Player sort it out, I can't afford to move back to Oxfordshire :?
Tax payer 'til I die. And then some!
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

I'm also an Exile, but I refuse to subscribe to YP.

As far as I'm concerned, I pay my Licence Fee (willingly - I think the BBC is great), and don't see why I should have to pay again to listen to commentary which should be freely available. If people subscribe to YP, they're basically saying that situation is acceptable, which means it's highly unlikely to be reviewed when the PTV contract finally comes up for renewal.
wightyellow
Puberty

Re:

Post by wightyellow »

&quotJoey's Toe&quot wrote:I'm also an Exile, but I refuse to subscribe to YP.

As far as I'm concerned, I pay my Licence Fee (willingly - I think the BBC is great), and don't see why I should have to pay again to listen to commentary which should be freely available. If people subscribe to YP, they're basically saying that situation is acceptable, which means it's highly unlikely to be reviewed when the PTV contract finally comes up for renewal.
I'm with you, its a national disgrace i cant listenm to a live bbc broadcast!

:evil:
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Mind you, you could listen to it last night on RadOx online! Well, at least I could until my rural remote internet line crashed: at which point it was one all and it sounded like we were well on top. Shame that it restored, really.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

I've already decided to cancel my subscription to YP next season because it is rubbish.

I'll put up with a combo of Sky Soccer Special (on mute), R5Live, and mobile text commentary from oufc.co.uk.

It is only for away games, and if Daggers, Bristol Rovers and Swi***n come down then I'll be going to 3 more games anyway.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If you had paid for YP you could listen to Kelvin answering tricky questions from supporters.

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index ... thread=839
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Why is no-one complaining that the Cricket World Cup isn't live on free-to-air tv then? Why should I have to pay for this? I want to watch it live on the tv: when the BBC show highlights later on in the day, why aren't they showing it live in the daytime?

It seems YellowPlayer is being taken a bit more seriously under the new Comms Manager at OUFC though, rather than the old regime of 1 minute pre- and post-match interviews which just got written up the next day anyway. Apparently the videos can take ages to upload, but Wilder seems to have opened up a bit more from the office already.

There are some big 10-15 minute manager interviews up already, with interesting little tit-bits if you can spare the time to listen through.

Some of the official site news articles are up on the main page for just hours before being taken off again. Also some Yellow Player interviews get swiftly relegated to that sub-section. What is happening with match-day galleries, when the photographers seem to be there for the games home and away?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

“Why is no-one complaining that the Cricket World Cup isn't live on free-to-air tv then?
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

I've noticed the OUFClive twitter feed has gone from a blow-by-blow account of the game to just a few highlights. I wonder if that's to encourage more to sign up with Yellow Player.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotbspittles&quot wrote:I've noticed the OUFClive twitter feed has gone from a blow-by-blow account of the game to just a few highlights. I wonder if that's to encourage more to sign up with Yellow Player.

I think that changed when Chris Williams left - So I can only assume that it was him that was doing the blow by blow account of the game and the person now manning it is not so inclined.