Luton Town 1 Fleetwood Town 3

Anything yellow and blue
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Luton Town 1 Fleetwood Town 3

Post by tomoufc »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha!

Plus come on you Wombles!
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Great Day !

Utd 2-1 Rotherham

Col U 2-1 Sw*ndon
Bradfd 1-0 Wycombe
Luton 1-3 Fleetwd

Pity the United support was down 500 after recent good performances at Grenoble Road. That was the only downside for me.

Losing 500 off the home gate is pretty costly.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Reading lost to Norwich as well.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I guess that’s the up and downs of following football clubs in general. Three tough points gained today but my Saturday afternoon was not perfect as Wrexham lost a two goal lead to Crawley and went home with nothing, but on the other hand my third team came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 away at Middlesbrough.

The team that play at the County Ground are not doing very well right now, just like Luton (who are increasingly becoming matchday rivals to Us) but there is every chance that we will not be meeting either of Them next season and both those clubs will be below Us or in a different division.

I also see an increasing possibility that Oxford United and Sheffield United could be in the same League next season. Dunno if Chris Wilder would be upset or pleased about that prospect..
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

After playing each other today at the Broadfield, Crawley and Wrexham go head to head again on Tuesday night at the Racecourse.

Playing the same team twice in the space of four days in a league match seems madness to me.

The Conference seems to be stooping to new lows and Brian Lee should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Glad we are out of it.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

Don't forget it always used to be the way that there was a fixture on Chrimble Day and its reverse played a whole 24 hours later, a custom which I'd imagine persisted through to the 60s.

That football has moved on however is I'm sure the point you are making.

I too am very pleased that Lootown are going to lose playoffs again this year, and only wish that the Crazy Gang would return to the league (but think it increasingly unlikely as the Crawley scenic steam railway (didn't think they quit qualified to be called 'express') gathers speed).
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Great Day !

Utd 2-1 Rotherham

Col U 2-1 Sw*ndon
Bradfd 1-0 Wycombe
Luton 1-3 Fleetwd
scotland 6 - 24 wales

8)
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotBigCrompy&quot wrote:Don't forget it always used to be the way that there was a fixture on Chrimble Day and its reverse played a whole 24 hours later, a custom which I'd imagine persisted through to the 60s.

That football has moved on however is I'm sure the point you are making.

I too am very pleased that Lootown are going to lose playoffs again this year, and only wish that the Crazy Gang would return to the league (but think it increasingly unlikely as the Crawley scenic steam railway (didn't think they quit qualified to be called 'express') gathers speed).
Hodgy did an interview last year where he said they used to play on Good Friday, the Saturday and Easter Monday. Perhaps Burton will have to try that with 24 games in 96 days.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:
Glad we are out of it.
Surely the biggest understatement ever as far as OUFC are concerned.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:After playing each other today at the Broadfield, Crawley and Wrexham go head to head again on Tuesday night at the Racecourse.

Playing the same team twice in the space of four days in a league match seems madness to me.

The Conference seems to be stooping to new lows and Brian Lee should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Glad we are out of it.
The Conference and their management can, quite rightly, be criticised for all manner of things but two teams playing each other in quick succession seems well down the list to me!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Great Day !

Utd 2-1 Rotherham

Col U 2-1 Sw*ndon
Bradfd 1-0 Wycombe
Luton 1-3 Fleetwd
scotland 6 - 24 wales

8)
That's a big score for a football match. Must have been amazing. Don't fancy England's chances against Wales next month...
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

And tonight Newport equalized against them in the 95th minute.

Looks like play-offs at best for them.

Fantastic.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Wrexham -v- Luton it is then in the play-offs, and just a few miles north of Shrewsbury were we finish 48 hours later - so I may as well go and visit my Mum in North Wales on Thursday for a couple of nights.

Anyone mind if I go and sit with the Wrexham fans just this once?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Also what happens if Wrexham beat Luton (the 2nd leg is on the 10th) and then get wound up in court (the hearing is on the 11th)

Would Luton go through, or would they have to cancel the play-off Final and the winner of the other semi-final simply be promoted?

If it's the later then Brian Lee ain't going to be happy, what with the profit the Conference appear to make from the Final, let alone his all expenses paid day out.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

The conference have ruled that if Wrexham go pop, then Wimbledon get a by to the final and Luton will have to play Fleetwood.