A Question

Anything yellow and blue
The OXman Cometh
Brat

A Question

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Why is the Burton at home game on Sunday 27th March?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Wales vs England (Euro Qualifier) is at 3pm on the Saturday.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Yep and I'm going to be at both. Two more caps for me.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Yep and I'm going to be at both. Two more caps for me.
Me too, though we may be in different parts of the ground in Cardiff.

Looking forward to the anthems being sung, and maybe a cameo from Ryan Giggs.

Not looking forward to seeing Wales slaughtered, but I've got used to that over the years.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

If you want to see a bunch of multi-millionaire pissing around on their time off, it's cheaper to go and have a drink on High Street Kensington on a Saturday night.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Thank you, the reason for the question is because my wife has booked a few days away in Rome and was looking at going on Saturday 26th March, I said &quotdont book anything for that day make it the Sunday as we are at home&quot, which she duly did, now I find the game has been moved for a nothing game in Wales.

CRAP!!!!!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

If you're still in Rome on April 4th you can go and watch Van Der Graaf Generator play at the Auditorium Parco della Musica, you lucky thing.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:If you're still in Rome on April 4th you can go and watch Van Der Graaf Generator play at the Auditorium Parco della Musica, you lucky thing.
Sounds amazing!

Is that a Europa League match?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotThe OXman Cometh&quot wrote:Thank you, the reason for the question is because my wife has booked a few days away in Rome and was looking at going on Saturday 26th March, I said &quotdont book anything for that day make it the Sunday as we are at home&quot, which she duly did, now I find the game has been moved for a nothing game in Wales.

CRAP!!!!!
Someone who does mind missing an Oxford game.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 401311.stm

Most of the people on here think of Wembley as the home of UK football. I know I have loved the place in the two OUFC visits I have made there. It's fantastic!

However, it doesn't have a roof to keep in the noise. Tsk..

Wales have nothing to lose on the 26th of March and it will make me proud just to be there at kick off time.
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

Wont' even bother to watch it on TV. A bunch of overpaid prima donnas imo who set a bad example in so many ways.

Rather watch the 'U's any day.
To err is human - to forgive is divine
Peterorange
Puberty

Re:

Post by Peterorange »

&quotbob s&quot wrote:Wont' even bother to watch it on TV. A bunch of overpaid prima donnas imo who set a bad example in so many ways.

Seconded.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotbob s&quot wrote:Wont' even bother to watch it on TV. A bunch of overpaid prima donnas imo who set a bad example in so many ways.

Are you referring to both teams, as Welsh players don't get paid all that much apart from Bellamy, Giggs, Gareth Bale et al? We can't even get them to show up most times to represent their country (especially at away games) as usually they have a &quotniggling injury&quot shortly before they are asked to turn up to represent their Nation.

However, this match is different.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

I shall be on the march in London but plan to sneak off to catch the game in a pub (if not kettled).
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

Maybe the Welsh should stick to singing then - at that they really are the tops.

&quotWelsh players don't get paid all that much&quot - dunno how much is not much and Bellamy is'nt an angel is he?.

However if your lot thump us snakey and it makes you happy, then thats fine by me.....Wales will burst into song - and THAT would be a joy to behold.

Hey Sideshow Rob.....what march is on in London then? - just curious.....if its for OAP's to get more pension, I'll join you!
To err is human - to forgive is divine