From the fixture list...

Anything yellow and blue
SteMerritt
Puberty

From the fixture list...

Post by SteMerritt »

September 12 Exeter City (H)

Is this correct? When did we change back to Tuesday nights for midweek games?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Jim Smith announced this sme time early in May and said it gave players more time to recover between games.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Jim Smith announced this sme time early in May and said it gave players more time to recover between games.
Being a bear of simple brain, I've never really understood this concept. Surely there are 3 days between Saturday and Tuesday, and 3 days between Wednesday and Saturday. So where does the extra rest time come from?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote:Jim Smith announced this sme time early in May and said it gave players more time to recover between games.
Being a bear of simple brain, I've never really understood this concept. Surely there are 3 days between Saturday and Tuesday, and 3 days between Wednesday and Saturday. So where does the extra rest time come from?
I think I've worked it out! :oops: ! Saturday to Tuesday is 3 and a bit days rest. Wednesday to Saturday is a little less than 3 days rest, due to kick off times.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

The fixture list seems to be quite god for us at first glance. August bank holiday Monday on the coast at Weymouth (apart from the traffic a damn sitebetter than Weymouth in February). Also Morecombe in early September will hopefully be a good weekend by the sea.

Hopefully promotion willbe in the bag by the time we have to make the long trip to York for the final game of the season.

BTW - Just got a text saying we've signed THIRTY FIVE year old Gavin Johnson.