Chris Williams

Anything yellow and blue
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Chris Williams

Post by Paul Cooper »

Has resigned for 'personal reasons'

A friend of mine suggested that he had a big fall out with somebody at the club- not sure how much is just a rumour.

He seemed to do a decent job.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I thought he did a very decent job and it's a shame he seems to have chosen to go.

Can anyone on here think of someone suitably able to take over ... ?
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

I don't think you need to look much further than this very site to find the perfect candidate and solution ...... Perfect timing as well, perhaps?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Chris Williams leaving United is very surprising.

I am sad he's going but the club need a communications
director and Martin Brodestsky would be a perfect replacement.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Really sorry to hear that.

He's up there with Kelvin as one of the main reasons why the club has survived a couple of poor football owners in recent times.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:He's up there with Kelvin as one of the main reasons why the club has survived a couple of poor football owners in recent times.
Spot on. Really hope that the reasons behind this come out into the public domain - someting's clearly wrong at the club. The sooner it can be aired and sorted, the sooner we can move on.
Yellows!
Baby

Post by Yellows! »

My cousin is good friends with him and apparently he had a difference in opinions with someone! He didn't say much more than that! It's a shame and he will be missed by all I'm sure.
Don't stop believing!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Exactly why Tufty's gone is not in the public domain so I won’t comment on that part of the matter (yet) other than to say I will miss him and his truly exceptional communication skills coupled with his great sense of humour.

I predict that Kelvin, Matt, Ambrose, David Jackson and whoever pulls our financial/commercial strings at Bridle and WPL will be having a ‘mare very soon doing all the busy Christmas PR for the club, but I think his replacement is an important position to fill and it should be done properly and most certainly not on the cheap, given that we have the biggest paying attendance in League II with vastly more potential to realise.

However, I have a slight worry that our new Board (though we’re still waiting for the new Members to be officially registered at Companies House) will fuck up this issue, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I thought Tufty was an old nickname for Wilder from his playing days? Or does Chris Williams have it as well?

It will be interesting to see how his role is replaced, as the rumours are the programme assistant editor Ryan has gone too. The programme is an important source of revenue for the club, and we have been lucky to have a good quality programme from Chris, and his team of editors and contributors over the years. Keeping the website up to date despite the clunky interface, fast uploading of match reports and videos, doing the interviews, uploanding and transcribing them has all been part of his job, together with presumably several other responsibilities in communications.

I note by comparing the inside cover of the Barnet programme with one from pre-season that the club has apparently : -
- gained a Finance Director
- lost a Ticket Office Supervisor and gained a Ticket Sales and Online Manager
- gained a Community Manager
- lost a Sports Massage Therapist and gained a Strength and Conditioning Coach
- seen Mickey Lewis step up from First Team Coach to Assistant Manager, with Melville replacing him in the former role
and gained a Youth Team Manager.

Perhaps someone has been having too many egg sandwiches on the team-coach / in the press-car on the away trips?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

This seems very sad news. The Comms from the club seemed fantastic under Chris and his pieces in the programme were entertaining and very funny.

However, I really don't understand some of the comments posted on here. Firstly, what evidence is there that anyone should be in anyway worried about how the new Board might handle this. So far they've made one appointment, Matt in the ticket office, and I think that's been inspired.

Secondly, the &quotSomething is clearly wrong at the club&quot. How so? One employee leaves for &quotpersonal reasons&quot and suddenly the club is rotten to the core. WTF?! &quotPersonal reasons&quot could mean anything and until (if) supporters are made aware of why, then we're not going to know.

I will say one thing. KT is currently in the US, so I think there may well be a delay in replacing Williams, which isn't good.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

I like Chris. Down to earth bloke with a good sense of humour. These things happen in small businesses though.

If you read this forum Chris all the best in the future and thanks for all the help and support you've given to 12th Man/ OxVox.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:If you read this forum Chris all the best in the future and thanks for all the help and support you've given to 12th Man/ OxVox.
Apologies probably should have strted a new thread, but what has happened to the 12th Man initiative?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Yes, very best wishes to Chris for the future, assuming there's no way back from what has happened.

A quick look at the news page today shows how standards have dropped overnight.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:
&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:If you read this forum Chris all the best in the future and thanks for all the help and support you've given to 12th Man/ OxVox.
Apologies probably should have strted a new thread, but what has happened to the 12th Man initiative?
Agree with you. i.e start up a new thread.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Yes, very best wishes to Chris for the future, assuming there's no way back from what has happened.

A quick look at the news page today shows how standards have dropped overnight.
I noticed that too. Very obvious change in style.