Beano being serious money

Anything yellow and blue
Yellows!
Baby

Beano being serious money

Post by Yellows! »

KT has today said &quotI think we're OK with Beano [Constable] and we're not looking to sell our players.

&quotYou never say never in this game, but they'd have to come in with some serious money for Constable.&quot

What does everyone think to this statement? Beano is a good player and obviously clubs will have shown an interest in him and made offers but imho I think it would cost a minimum of between 600k and a million to buy him out of his current contract which he still has at least 18 months left. I can't see him wanting to go anywhere soon he scores goals at the Kass and that's what every striker wants to do!
Don't stop believing!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

I personally think that this, already addressed on the other thread, is a non-story. There have been rumours flying around about Constable, because he had a spell out of the team, and it seems clear to me that this was Kelvin trying to put them to bed. I don't think there was any reason to panic in the first place: the amount a team would have to pay for Kelvin to consider selling (which I actually think would be considerably lower than you suggest approx £100,000-150,000 with a sell-on clause) considering his popularity would be beyond most teams in this league and while I rate him as a player I don't think he's yet ready to be a headline signing (which at that price he would be) for a league 1 side.

I also doubt there's reason to panic now, post Kelvin interview. He's got a long contract (well done Kelvin) and sounds happy at the club and I don't, as some have done on the other side, see this as Kelvin softening the fans up for a January sale, quite the opposite - he's saying that anyone who is interested is going to have to shell out, which we knew anyway didn't we?
Yellows!
Baby

Post by Yellows! »

There are clubs other than Luton that would could see Beano as a possible buy. I can't see him going back down to the conference that would be a step back but I'm sure if the price was right he would go to a league 1 or even 2 side. Lets face it these days football is about money, footballers are greedy and there are very few of them that are patriotic to a club other than the ones who grew up around a club and wanted to play for that club and only that club. I don't think he will go any time soon but I'm just putting that one in the mixer.
Don't stop believing!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

On Saturday's showing we really cannot do without Beano. But if we were to get decent money for him and use it wisely ...... And the debate about whether he is really good enough to score regularly at this level only went away when he was out of the team because he was ill. Earlier in the season he was getting no change whatsoever out of the better centre halves he was coming up against.

I don't want him to go and think he can improve and continue to be a real asset to us, possibly alongside MacLean.