2 wins and onwards and upwards!

Anything yellow and blue
Yellows!
Baby

2 wins and onwards and upwards!

Post by Yellows! »

A good win today that wouldn't have been possible without the great work by the grounds people. I think we should all thank them and of course KT for making this game go ahead I think it's shows KT's commitment to the club and everyone involved!

Well done to Beano as well for finding his scoring boots again I think they must have been hidden amongst all his others in the cupboard under the stairs. Hopefully all the people out there that don't rate him will take it all back and see that he has what he takes to cut it in the football league and he fully deserves to get his place back in the starting XI hopefully CW will see this and not use him as an impact player like he has recently. He is a good goal scorer the stats show it, whether it's a rebound or a 20 yard drive they all count and every goal counts at this time. Well done boys!! Its ei ei ei oh up the football league we go!!
Don't stop believing!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Beano has not been starting recently because he has not been well.
Yellows!
Baby

Post by Yellows! »

I mean the last 2 games he should be in the starting XI every game. CW seems to be bringing him when the opposition are starting to get tired much like LSD and potter last season.
Don't stop believing!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotYellows!&quot wrote:I mean the last 2 games he should be in the starting XI every game. CW seems to be bringing him when the opposition are starting to get tired much like LSD and potter last season.
He has had some wierd virus type thing they can't get to the bottom of. Some days fine to train, others knackered, no energy.

I think it is totallay sensible the way he has been used in these circumstances.

The last two games have been ...... WON.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

There have been lots of debates on this forum lately about formations, defensive partnerships, midfield combinations and strikers but just reflect for a moment - how good was Ryan Clarke today?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:There have been lots of debates on this forum lately about formations, defensive partnerships, midfield combinations and strikers but just reflect for a moment - how good was Ryan Clarke today?
Clarke did brilliantly to deny McLeod as the Barnet striker attempted to round him.

I did notice that Clarke spilled a corner ball shortly after we got the winner - and was thankful to see Constable clear the ball from near to the goal line.
It was akin to his &quotWembley moment'.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'd hope, with just one game in L1 and only 2 in L2, we should have extended highlights on The Football League show this evening.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

I'd hoped to see more highlights, but it wasn't to be. I wish they'd ditch that awful text in read out crap. More highlights or Claridge assessments would be good.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:I'd hoped to see more highlights, but it wasn't to be. I wish they'd ditch that awful text in read out crap. More highlights or Claridge assessments would be good.
Claridge assessments ? Very shallow stuff imho.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

I was particularly disappointed that they didn't show Clarke's save near the end. Next week's weather promises to be cold early on and thawing out a bit from Thursday. I hope the Loncoln game goes ahead but it's in a part of the country that has suffered badly in this cold weather.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Some random thoughts:

- 3 points badly needed, if we had lost yesterday in front of a hostile home crowd, I could see us getting nothing from the next two games and suddenly it's squeaky bum time again

- Despite Beano's excellent impact, I can not abide 'fans' loudly calling for him whenever Craddock doesn't do very well. Craddock did ok yesterday and I believe Beano to be the better player but what can it do to TC's confidence when morons call for his replacement mid-match

- We are a solid mid-table team, got enough to stay up but not enough to go up imho. However, I'd have taken that at the start of the season and if we can keep in touch with 7th, a run towards the end of the campaign might just be enough

- Barnet were woeful and on that showing look certs to go down. They could easily have nicked an equaliser though, hence see the above point!
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:I was particularly disappointed that they didn't show Clarke's save near the end.
The BBC highlights show Clarke's save at the end.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Some random thoughts:

- Despite Beano's excellent impact, I can not abide 'fans' loudly calling for him whenever Craddock doesn't do very well. Craddock did ok yesterday and I believe Beano to be the better player but what can it do to TC's confidence when morons call for his replacement mid-match
100% agree with that.
That cracking goal at Hereford must have been a fluke and it was just luck he found space for the header against Chesterfield.
Morons indeed.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Good post that ^^^^^^
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:I was particularly disappointed that they didn't show Clarke's save near the end.
The BBC highlights show Clarke's save at the end.
Just watched this.
Must have been doctored- Craddock nearly scores two goals. First one was a good effort (Anyone agree?) but I'll hold my hands up and say he should have done better with the second.