Anything yellow and blue
SteMerritt
Puberty

Some good press

Post by SteMerritt »

Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I just think that it is the culture that KT especially encourages.

The goodwill that has been created since he took over is enormous - clearly this is in part to the success of the team, but KT can take a huge amount of credit. Compare with the situation under Kassam (even when we were being vaguely successful under Atkins).
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

I completely agree Kelvin-wise. Chris Williams (who organized the return of my bag, mentioned in the article) deserves lots of credit too.
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Re: Some good press

Post by Matthewjbutler »

It also made the Guardian's daily Fiver email bulletin as per the following:

QUOTE OF THE DAY
&quotOne of our supporters has reported the loss of a personal item following Saturday's home match with Morecambe. The item - a light blue sweater - was lost around Row K, Seat 75 in the South Stand Lower after the end of the game. Any supporters with information regarding the missing item are asked to contact the club on 01865 337500&quot - An urgent lost-and-found message on the Oxford United website. You wouldn't get that at the Old Trafford or the Emirates, would you?

Not sure whether to be pleased or patronised. Probably both.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re: Some good press

Post by Mally »

&quotMatthewjbutler&quot wrote:
It also made the Guardian's daily Fiver email bulletin as per the following:

QUOTE OF THE DAY
&quotOne of our supporters has reported the loss of a personal item following Saturday's home match with Morecambe. The item - a light blue sweater - was lost around Row K, Seat 75 in the South Stand Lower after the end of the game. Any supporters with information regarding the missing item are asked to contact the club on 01865 337500&quot - An urgent lost-and-found message on the Oxford United website. You wouldn't get that at the Old Trafford or the Emirates, would you?

Not sure whether to be pleased or patronised. Probably both.
No you wouldn't get that at Old Trafford or the the Emirates but you probably would at most of the 72 clubs in the Football League. I think this tells us more about the journalist's knowledge of football outside the premier league than it does about Oxford United.