RAGE ON

Anything yellow and blue
SWA
Puberty

RAGE ON

Post by SWA »

Martin
What happened to the Rage On fanzine? I am sure I haven't seen a new issue for a good couple of years, though I may be wrong. Used to be a good read back in the day...
Cheers
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I stopped producing Rage On at the end of the 2004-05 season, passing the mantle on to Dan Abrey. He produced the fanzine (under the name Oxtales) for one or maybe two seasons before giving up. To be honest, sales were declining as was the number of people contributing articles and it all became too much hard work for too little return. I blame the Internet, and especially these stupid discussion forums.

I did recently consider reviving a fanzine-type publication, but the costs and time involved made me change my mind.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Ok - cheers mate
I can see how the growth of internet forums/sites etc would work against a fanzine, but many clubs still produce good ones.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I'm sure we'll get one back when we're back in the Championship - I think a sales pitch just outside the West stand would be perfect.

I don't know about Rage On though. FOULMouth - Now that was a fanzine!
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

It's was more of a Fanflet
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The paper copy of Rage On effectively started to die when the majority of its contributors began putting their thoughts online on a long defunct internet forum called Mzuri around mid-1998 (and OxTales before that). When Mzuri disappeared overnight the clientele moved to another internet site called MemorOx (and my thanks go to GY for keeping that going) and a few years ago the latest transition happened when Rage Online took over the niche in the off-the-wall OUFC market that had become internet traffic rather than Fanzine sales. As a result of all this Rage Online currently has 57 different contributors who have made more than 100 online entries and a readership that is a lot higher than those that paid a quid on the day for a copy of the mag.

Chris Williams and Co. still do an excellent paper copy in terms of the match prog, but like Martin said, the Internet has removed the need for a fanzine at the moment.

As for FOULMouth, then if you see a bunch of fans outside every home turnstile offering you a free copy of a fans Newsletter in the future then you know your club is in real trouble, so let’s hope we never have to go there again...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

If anybody would like back issues of Rage On, I have around 25-30 in very good condition that I am happy to give away - or maybe a small donation to the 12th Man fund could be proffered ?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Yellow Fever is still going strong. We just do issues every 15 years.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Yellow Fever is still going strong. We just do issues every 15 years.
Ah one must be about due then...
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Yellow Fever is still going strong. We just do issues every 15 years.
Do you still use the same joke?
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

i was recently asked to contribute a piece on the Us for the stevenage fanzine, and they kindly sent me the issue. colour cover, 46pp, varied contributors, £1 cover charge.

given all the issues fanzines face, i was pretty impressed... especially considering they have a market of about 86.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
I’d guess “yes
ConcreteBob
Baby

Post by ConcreteBob »

Fanzines are outdated so it's not a surprise they are rare to find these days.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotConcreteBob&quot wrote:Fanzines are outdated so it's not a surprise they are rare to find these days.
Well they were selling fanzines at West Ham a fortnight ago.

And I bought a Luton Town fanzine last season for some reason. Their fanzine is going very well - can't think why :!:
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by YF Dan »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
Just another three years until you get the chance to find out.

&ltinsert Banger pic here&gt[/img]