Danny Bulman

Anything yellow and blue
surreydave
Embryo

Danny Bulman

Post by surreydave »

Danny has been told to find another club cause at 31 he is to old,most of the club players cant believe it !! (he was told on transfer deadline day)
Last edited by surreydave on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

SOURCE ?

It's Dannie by the way.
headless_pnub
Brat

Post by headless_pnub »

If true (and I take this post with a big heap of skepticism), it would be incredibly short sighted. Dannie maybe edging on (football wise), but until Saturday he was still starting almost every game and his two possible replacements in Payne and Baker are with us for one month and six months respectably.
surreydave
Embryo

Post by surreydave »

his mum
surreydave
Embryo

Post by surreydave »

100% true
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

It's a shame if this is the full story (i.e. there isn't more to the story that we don't know) but I can understand the logic.

We are definitely lacking creativity in midfield at the moment that last season first Murray and then Chapman provided. With the introduction of Hall in particular but also Heslop I think we've strengthened the physical element but still need to find a creative player.

If we need to let a midfielder go in order to bring in a creative player then Bullman unfortunately is going to be near the top of the list.

I know we've only seen him play one game but if this means we can sign Payne permenantly then it could be a very good move.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

There are also strong rumours that Clist may have played his last game for the club.
surreydave
Embryo

Post by surreydave »

These things happen in football he knows that,but as he told me himself he just wasnt expecting this as his form has been good
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I did think it telling that Dannie has been subbed with about 20 minutes to go in 4? games this season, and was then unused sub on the bench last week, but am slightly surprised he has been told he can find another club as I don't think he had been playing badly. The message had I thought been that all starting places are there to be won.

I suppose it fits in with Wilder being told he has a limited first team squad size and budget, and the general approach of trying to build a team of young players.
surreydave
Embryo

Post by surreydave »

yes he was told he can stay and fight for his place,but might be as well to look for a longer deal elsewhere(he has 8 months left on his contract),he loving his time at Oxford and really dont want to leave.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Ive not heard this one at all.

But, here's me with my harsh hat.

I love Dannie Bulman, but in all the games he's played in this season I've felt he's looked slightly off the pace and has been giving the ball away too much.

If Payne, continues his performance levels Doncaster may let us have him on a season long loan.

I would imagine Bulman has been told He's free to find a club to get games, rather then been pushed out. If not He'll stay.

I think the same thing will happen for Clist and Creighton.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Is SurreyDave Dannie's Mum?
surreydave
Embryo

Post by surreydave »

no its not his mum,im a friend of family who follows Oxford....shouldnt get involved really as ive prob said to much already.But just wanted to see what you all thought.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotsurreydave&quot wrote:yes he was told he can stay and fight for his place,but might be as well to look for a longer deal elsewhere(he has 8 months left on his contract),he loving his time at Oxford and really dont want to leave.
This is a different thing to what you originally wrote.

Initially you said he was told to &quotfind another club&quot. Now you say he has been told he can leave if he wants to, but he can also stay and fight for his place.

These are two very different things.

If he is OOC in the summer it might be that we want to get some money for him too. He was players player of the year, wasn't he?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:
If Payne, continues his performance levels Doncaster may let us have him on a season long loan.
I don't think Donny can let us have him on a season-long loan, seeing as he's only contracted with them until Jan.

I agree that it's both a surprise and harsh on Dannie, who I rate as one of our best spoiling midfielders for a long time. However, I can also see that he is getting on a bit and his stamina will start to go at some stage, and with Wilder on record as wanting to build a young, athletic team then it's possible that Bulman doesn't fit with that. The danger would be losing League experience from a side built largely around successful Conference players, but at the mo Wilder can do no wrong, so I'm prepared to back his judgement on this.