Grumpy old git

No F in Tardif!

Post by Hog »

You might not be interested but ...

http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/spo ... se/?ref=mr
Mark G
Puberty

Post by Mark G »

Talking of ex-players, ex-scholar Niall Hodgkins has signed for Abingdon Town, scoring a hat-trick on his debut in the 9-1 home win over Pegasus Juniors.

If somebody wants to see a local game on Monday then I recommend Abingdon Town at home to Old Woodstock, 3pm kick off at Culham Road (ample parking at the ground and only £5 for adults and £3(maybe £2 as not 100% sure) for concessions). I have no doubt you will be welcomed as any boost in spectators will be very useful to a local club trying to rebuild.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I just skimmed that and got the impression that Pegasus were trying to rebuild. It's fair to say I got a little worried.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Gotta admit, if I had residency, I'd want my kids to grow in in Guernsey too. Love that place!
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Gotta admit, if I had residency, I'd want my kids to grow in in Guernsey too. Love that place!
Yeah, it has a special place in my heart. Have not been for many years but it was my parents holiday venue of choice growing up so have lots of happy memories from my early teenage years. Ha, ha I've visited the little chapel of plates enough times to last a lifetime.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

How spooky. Just returned from my first visit to Guernsey in 13 years (including a visit to the chapel).

Local news was that Matt Le Tisier wouldn't be able to play for his brother's side this winter because he isn't resident.

I love the island and used to visit my god parents there a lot. The island has a really strong sporting culture.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Seems like he made a good impression ...

http://www.btfcsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSE ... opic=450.0