Sunday Mirror

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Sunday Mirror

Post by Swissbloke »

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy30 ... irror2.jpg

Is this from today's papers? anyone know anything?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I saw the piece in today's Sunday Mirror (southern edition)
and it makes very uncomfortable reading.

I would like some clarity sooner rather than later.

Not sure who the players are.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Potter?, Cole? Dearing? Kinniburgh?

could this just be bullshit?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I'm praying it is.

Potter and Cole were not involved at The Pirelli
but we should not speculate I suppose.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

The papers get ages wrong all the time too, so pointless even trying I suppose.

Apparently the article was not in later editions, the whole thing caught me by surprise this evening.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Also it's been removed from their site, according to another forum.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

More breaking news.

I got a txt this afternoon to say that although Olly the Ox had won the mascot derby he subsequently failed a post-run drug test so the story may soon be pulled from the official site.

As a result the thousands of #oufc people who use unofficial forums will “get to know
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

It says that the arrests happened at 2:45am on Monday. It would surprise me if we had a team night out the night before the Banbury game.

Jim/Kelvin/Chris might not have looked in such good spirits that night if this incident had happened just hours before.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Club Statement
Posted on: Mon 09 Aug 2010
The club confirm that no Oxford United players were stabbed in a reported incident in a London nightclub last weekend.

Following a rather inaccurate story in a Sunday tabloid, the club can also confirm that this was not a team event or activity.

However, the club confirms that Alfie Potter was arrested in relation to an incident, but was released without charge.

Alfie was not considered for selection for the away game at Burton due to this, while further information was sought by the club.

Following further conversations the club are confident of Alfie's non-involvement in the stabbing, therefore he will be available for selection and no further comment will be made due to the ongoing police investigation.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]More breaking news.

I got a txt this afternoon to say that although Olly the Ox had won the mascot derby he subsequently failed a post-run drug test so the story may soon be pulled from the official site.

As a result the thousands of #oufc people who use unofficial forums will “get to know
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

No mention of the Olly failed drug test there, snake. My sources indicate that it was merely over-zealous use of an anti-BSE vaccination...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotboris&quot wrote:No mention of the Olly failed drug test there, snake. My sources indicate that it was merely over-zealous use of an anti-BSE vaccination...
I heard that the issue was one of gender and very similar to the Caster Semenya case. As we all know an Ox is a castrated bull and apparently Olly was found to be in full posession of both testicles.

A spokesman from the club said &quotWe're not going to apologise for our mascot having balls. Infact we're proud of the fact&quot.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot][quote=&quotSnake&quot]More breaking news.

boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:No mention of the Olly failed drug test there, snake. My sources indicate that it was merely over-zealous use of an anti-BSE vaccination...
I heard that the issue was one of gender and very similar to the Caster Semenya case. As we all know an Ox is a castrated bull and apparently Olly was found to be in full posession of both testicles.

A spokesman from the club said &quotWe're not going to apologise for our mascot having balls. Infact we're proud of the fact&quot.
Although if I were the chap inside the suit I'd be very worried in case the club decided it had to rectify the matter.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Club Statement
Posted on: Mon 09 Aug 2010
The club confirm that no Oxford United players were stabbed in a reported incident in a London nightclub last weekend.

Following a rather inaccurate story in a Sunday tabloid, the club can also confirm that this was not a team event or activity.

However, the club confirms that Alfie Potter was arrested in relation to an incident, but was released without charge.

Alfie was not considered for selection for the away game at Burton due to this, while further information was sought by the club.

Following further conversations the club are confident of Alfie's non-involvement in the stabbing, therefore he will be available for selection and no further comment will be made due to the ongoing police investigation.
Isn't accuracy an absolute? Surely something is either accurate or not.