New evidence

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

New evidence

Post by Mooro »

New evidence has emerged this evening which has again raised the possibility of previously undiscovered nerve and pain connectors between different seemingly unrelated parts of the body.

One previous case, dubbed I believe the Rivaldo effect, showed that there is a pain sensor in the face directly linked to the thigh.

Now a second case has come to light, which must be more than a coincidence. French experimental scientist Terryenry has this evening proved there is another similar pairing, with a similar pain receptor in the face now connected to the chest.

It is also interesting that there appears to a magnification effect during the sensory progress along the pain connector whereby the slightest touch of one area can lead to a severe pain in the facial receptor.

More amazingly some alternative scientists now believe a further link to a third area of the body has been found whereby all pain can be removed from the facial sensor by a particular hand-waving gesture as though holding a card or other such object. There is some evidence of self-help by the patient himself although some groups believe the same effect can be achieved by other faith healers performing the same gesturing, often in small groups near the patient.

More news as we get it....
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

The more I watch of this World Cup, the more I realise that it's quite impossible for refs to do a good job when all the players are such pathetic cheats.

Retrospective punishments - proper ones, not paltry fines - are the only way to stop it happening. Henry should be sent home from the World Cup immediately.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:The more I watch of this World Cup, the more I realise that it's quite impossible for refs to do a good job when all the players are such pathetic cheats.

Retrospective punishments - proper ones, not paltry fines - are the only way to stop it happening. Henry should be sent home from the World Cup immediately.
Yes, yes, yes. And penalties need to be red card equivalents, or in the case of league matches, possibly points deductions. It's ruining the game, and English players not not faultless either.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

The problem is in attitude among players and managers alike and until that changes football will not be rid of the problem.

What has annoyed me most is the logic employed when confronted with allegations - Henry seems to excuse his actions on the fact that the defender should not have blocked him because another was going to reach the ball first Portugal tried to get the Deco card overturned as they basically claimed it was OK to kick someone as they didnt give the ball back and Figo escapes because the ref gave him a card. The Italian guy who fell over the Aussie defender in the last minute should also not escape criticism either.

As with so many things nowadays it is a refusal to take responsibility for your actions, everything is someone else's fault.

Until a manager stands up and drops/bans a player who cheated (and which manager is going to take that stance) then the initiative lies with FIFA. They need to stand up, use all evidence available, stop hiding behind technicalities and impose severe punishments on players and or the clubs that encourage them or at least let them get away with it.

Until they do it will only get worse.

I think a top ten World Cup 2006 cheats &quotName and Shame&quot campaign would be a good start, with individual bans - then turn attention to the clubs for next season, with a set number of incidents meaning fines and/ or points deductions...