Gazza

Anything yellow and blue
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Gazza

Post by Yankee Clipper »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHnWpLQtyo

Not sure if anyone else heard this whole sorry episode unfold on Friday night. This is both tragically sad but compelling listening in equal measure.

The saddest thing of all is that he genuinely thought he was able to help
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

It would have been funny if it wasn't so tragic - the fishing rod stuff etc. Most radio stations, Five Live etc, turned down the interview cos he was too pissed, so Real Radio don't come out of this with much credit.

Apparently he was paid to come down by a pap, which is despicable. Still, he didn't need to say yes...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

I was listening to Fice live at abour 11pm and heard them replay the interview.
The thing that struck me was that had, by some quirk of fate, Gazza been allowed to go through the cordon to speak to his 'mate', then it would have given Mort a way out of the whole situation.

As it was he was cornered and had pretty much nowhere to go as the police weren't going to grant his aim of 'suicide by cop', but had he turned the gun on Gazza, then he'd have achieved notoriety and would probably have been taken out there and then....
I can also imagine there would be a small part of Gazza brain that was telling him that being shot by this bloke would be a better way of going out than the many other things that are threatening to finish him.

Wonder whether there would have been a minute's silence at the Final last night?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:It would have been funny if it wasn't so tragic - the fishing rod stuff etc. Most radio stations, Five Live etc, turned down the interview cos he was too pissed, so Real Radio don't come out of this with much credit.

Apparently he was paid to come down by a pap, which is despicable. Still, he didn't need to say yes...
But isn't Gazza a man with significant mental health and alcohol dependancy issues? Thinking straight isn't going to be one of his strongest assets.

As you say, it was a dispicable thing for a pap to do. Well worthy of punishment imho.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotJoeyBeauchamp&quot wrote:It would have been funny if it wasn't so tragic - the fishing rod stuff etc. Most radio stations, Five Live etc, turned down the interview cos he was too pissed, so Real Radio don't come out of this with much credit.

But isn't Gazza a man with significant mental health and alcohol dependancy issues? Thinking straight isn't going to be one of his strongest assets.

As you say, it was a dispicable thing for a pap to do. Well worthy of punishment imho.
True, which is why he's a soft touch for unscrupulous reporters looking for a story. Quite what sort of twisted mind thinks 'Oh I'll bring Gazza along to a armed stand-off' is beyond me.

Sadly there won't be any punishment - the only way there would be comebacks would be for another media outlet to report what was done, but seeing as they very much stick together it's unlikely. I'd happily expose it if I knew exactly which of the horrible lot it was (and if anyone would listen to me which they wouldn't).