New kit opinion

Anything yellow and blue
Oufc2009
Brat

New kit opinion

Post by Oufc2009 »

I have just seen the new home kit for this season and at first I was a bit upset that they have stopped all yellow but it has started to grow on me, I went on oxford mail website to see it, I was wanting other peoples opinion on it
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

In the words of Andy from Little Britain. &quotDon't like it&quot
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Are we Shrewsbury in disguise? Too much blue for me!
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Hate it. Why is that irrelevant stripe there? Changing things for the sake of it.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Having had time to digest it I think that it is a nice kit....................I just don't think it is an Oxford United kit.

Too much blue for my liking.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

We obviously have to show the bridle logo which contains red. I don't think this helps matters at all.

But hark at us being picky - we are back in the football league and we are not happy because the colour of our kit is not to our liking.

However, if the fans don't like them the sales will be down.
bringiton
Baby

horrible

Post by bringiton »

not a decent yellow for starters, plus no linkeage to anything we've ever worn before...needs a loud family fortunes style &quot neuut- naaa&quot alarm sounding.

Im a bit picky when it comes to kits!±
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

I would have preferred a yellow back instead of a blue one but I guess they chickened out.

I am more annoyed that last year's kit was withdrawn after only one year thus breaking the convention that kits are replaced every two years in order to give fans value for their money. Using a new shirt sponsor as an excuse to change it this year was pretty lame. The Bridle logo would have looked just as good on last year's shirt.

I have also read the we are to have 'Polythene UK' on the back. Class.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Are we Shrewsbury in disguise? Too much blue for me!
My thoughts exactly. Looks like Shrewsbury's kit. Hopefully this will prove to be a VERY short hiatus from wearing YELLOW. What were they thinking? Very disappointed.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: horrible

Post by recordmeister »

&quotbringiton&quot wrote:not a decent yellow for starters, plus no linkeage to anything we've ever worn before...needs a loud family fortunes style &quot neuut- naaa&quot alarm sounding.

Im a bit picky when it comes to kits!±
er....

http://www.oxkits.co.uk/70s.htm#75
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Saw it 'live' at the open day this morning and although it is very stylish I agree it is also too blue. A yellow back would have been much better or even yellow sleeves could have saved it for me. I guess we're just not big enough for Nike to change the design slightly so if we were stuck with this one then the blue should have been diluted by having yellow shorts and socks.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Who designed this kit?
Seems to have got a massive thumbs down from the fans.
Bad PR - the fans are usually consulted aren't they? Obviously not in this instance.
Sales will not be that high. Loss of income.

At least it is not as repulsive as the Domino shirt.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

It's not that bad. The way some people are reacting you'd have thought we'd changed to all red with a stupid Sw*ndon badge in the middle. Even from the back it's not actually that bad:

It's a kit, it's not as if it hasn't changed frequently in the past. Get over yourselves.
yellow and blue
Sperm

Post by yellow and blue »

it is yellow and blue . not red and wshite .
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Who designed this kit?
Seems to have got a massive thumbs down from the fans.
Bad PR - the fans are usually consulted aren't they? Obviously not in this instance.
Sales will not be that high. Loss of income.

At least it is not as repulsive as the Domino shirt.
I don't remember any consultations on kit designs in recent years. We've had black away kits, dark blue away kits, bright blue away kits, white away kits, and I don't think anyone was that bothered. The home kits have been predominantly yellow of various shades, but I don't remember recent consultations.

I expect people who like to have the latest home shirt will still buy it. And the moaners probably don't buy shirts anyway.

I agree that 3 new home shirts in 3 seasons? is disappointing to families on a budget whose kids want the latest. At least the club didn't milk it by releasing a play-off final embroidered shirt as well :oops: