New kit opinion

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:We'll be entering a team in the boat race next...
Maybe it's a cunning ploy by KT and the Gang to market the club to the stoodents. &quotOh look, Tarquin, we should go and support the Dark Blues. I wonder if Quentin will be playing&quot.

I'm not &quotunusually exercised&quot by criticism of the new kit. I'm not 100% sure about it myself, but I think that there are a lot of people getting extremely irrational about it all, especially this bollocks about &quotwe got relegated the last time we wore stripes&quot needs counteracting with &quotthe last five relegations we suffered we wore yellow&quot because in truth it's the players who wear the kit that get the side relegated/promoted, not the design on the shirt. And if people want to talk tradition, then traditionally the club's colours were orange with blues stripes. I just think people are a bit conservative about radical change when there's no real need to be.
Was it not orange and blue quarters?

Since becoming OUFC however, the colour has been shades between old gold and lemon yellow.

For me dark yellow is the right blend, with that colour covering the majority of the shirt, and dark navy for the rest.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:We'll be entering a team in the boat race next...
Maybe it's a cunning ploy by KT and the Gang to market the club to the stoodents. &quotOh look, Tarquin, we should go and support the Dark Blues. I wonder if Quentin will be playing&quot.

I'm not &quotunusually exercised&quot by criticism of the new kit. I'm not 100% sure about it myself, but I think that there are a lot of people getting extremely irrational about it all, especially this bollocks about &quotwe got relegated the last time we wore stripes&quot needs counteracting with &quotthe last five relegations we suffered we wore yellow&quot because in truth it's the players who wear the kit that get the side relegated/promoted, not the design on the shirt. And if people want to talk tradition, then traditionally the club's colours were orange with blues stripes. I just think people are a bit conservative about radical change when there's no real need to be.
Fair enough. I quite like stripes, as it happens. Blue pin stripes on a yellow background are particularly pleasing!

I don't mind change, but think the predominant colour of a team's kit should remain the same unless there is good reason for changing. We've all had to get used to new grounds, players who move on every 5 minutes, new managers every year. Wearing yellow is about the only constant in my football team during the 26 years I've been supporting them. The only football song my little boys know is 'yellows, yellows'. It's quite important to me. And the new kit is NOT yellow, it's blue. With a little bit of yellow in.

Anyway, I'm just repeating myself now, so I'll shut up. I really hope our next kit is yellow, though.
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

I am not a fan of the new kit not enough yellow.
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

I like the new kit. That is all.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I can only believe that it was designed to accomodate the sponsors logo.

At least it isn't as bad as the the Carlisle 'stobbart' deckchair kit.

But it is still bad.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
We've actually just had quite a successful season in yellow. One which culminated in Wembley being a sea of yellow. As it was in 1986. I for one would be a little bit upset if our next visit to the twin towers was accompanied by swathes of dark blue in the stands. We'll be entering a team in the boat race next...
Agree with you on the sea of Yellow thing. Hopefully, then, this new kit will spur the team on to get promoted automatically, so the issue doesn't arise.
wightyellow
Puberty

saves money....

Post by wightyellow »

....on getting yellow seats for the ground....
dont like the seats, dont like the kit. im grumpy about it. :cry:
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: saves money....

Post by Snake »

&quotwightyellow&quot wrote:....on getting yellow seats for the ground....
Just out of interest, how much would it cost to replace maybe a couple of hundred blue seats in the North Stand with yellow ones to spell out the word ‘OUFC’?

Clearly, that’s not a bill that Uncle Firoz is obliged to foot, but is it something the 12th Man Committee would consider?

Happy for it to be shot down as yet another one of my crap ideas, but it’s no worse than funds being spent on Jamie Cook.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
Just out of interest, how much would it cost to replace maybe a couple of hundred blue seats in the North Stand with yellow ones to spell out the word ‘OUFC’?

Clearly, that’s not a bill that Uncle Firoz is obliged to foot, but is it something the 12th Man Committee would consider?

Happy for it to be shot down as yet another one of my crap ideas, but it’s no worse than funds being spent on Jamie Cook.
Oxvox are going for something else to enhance the spectators experience. If all goes well should be in place for the start of the season.
Subject to stadco agreement, club are happy with what we have proposed. Stadco seem to be having trouble in making a decision.
Last edited by Sackcloth Ox on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Post by Matthewjbutler »

Are the seats removable? Could the relevant seats not be taken out, sprayed yellow and put back in to make it cheaper? Feel free to laugh at my engineering stupidity if I am way off the mark!!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I know you're an optimist Sackcloth but not even you can expect to build the fourth stand in time for the new season!
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotHog&quot wrote:I know you're an optimist Sackcloth but not even you can expect to build the fourth stand in time for the new season!
It's not that. Funnily enough.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Yellow blankets for my poor old knees during the winter months?
wightyellow
Puberty

Post by wightyellow »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Oxvox are going for something else to enhance the spectators experience. If all goes well should be in place for the start of the season.
Subject to stadco agreement, club are happy with what we have proposed. Stadco seem to be having trouble in making a decision.

Joey Beauchamp? :shock:
It's not the despair....it's the hope....
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:I can only believe that it was designed to accomodate the sponsors logo.

At least it isn't as bad as the the Carlisle 'stobbart' deckchair kit.

But it is still bad.
It wasn't designed for us, it's an off the shelf Nike product called Nike Flash which has a limited range of colours of which the club chose the closest approximation to yellow and blue.

The club could find that shirt sales may be down this year when people realise that instead of paying £40 for the sponsored up version of the shirt you can get exactly the same product without lettering or the club crest for less than half that price on t'internet.