As an outsider looking in....

Anything yellow and blue
Dulwich
Sperm

As an outsider looking in....

Post by Dulwich »

I'd just like to congratualte you on your superb Wembley win!
I had the pleasure of playing against your Supporters' Team ('guesting' for UR Namur fans) against your lot, back in October, &amp then saw your match against Altrincham afterwards. I went to Wembley with a Belgian friend of mine, who has a soft spot for you, as he is a good friend of John, from your fans side. (Thanks to John for booknig the tickets for us BTW, sorry I was a bit confused about paying you electronically, but t got to you in the end!)

Anyway, when I visited your place last year I took some snaps for my grounds photoblog, which I gave a plug on this forum.

I'm doing the same for my Wembley set, &amp it may interest some of you, as there are a fair few of the Oxford fans. It's the biggest set I've ever published for a single venue, 140 in all!

Thanks to anyone who looks in...and best wishes back in the Football League!

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/2010/05/ ... adium.html
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Some great photos there but the two of Chapman clutching his chest at the end with concerned team mates going to him are heart wrenching. I haven't seen any of the TV coverage yet or heard any official explanation and I might be reading it all wrong but it seems that at the height of his powers he has been hit by a thunderbolt of realisation that he is soon going to prison. How the hell he put in a performance like that in the situation he is in I do not know. A terribly sad situation all round which puts football in perspective.
Long John Silver
Brat

Post by Long John Silver »

Good set of pics there... especially the ones with me in! :) I was in the row behind you.
niconamur
Embryo

Post by niconamur »

Ah cool

As my mate said, i've really a good spot for Oxford for 10 years ....don't ask me why.....? It's just like falling in love with a woman....It comes when it comes !!

And now as I know a lot of Oxford fans for 2 years.....the things are really better.

So I was happy as I've attended to a great moment of our club. That makes my journey back to Belgium easier !!! I got home at 1 am ( in your time ).

See you in the league 2 !!!
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Thanks Nico
See you in Glasgow with your PSG team mate.
niconamur
Embryo

Post by niconamur »

Ok !!! If we can fly.....

To be serious, I've already said to John, we'll celebrate the title in Glasgow as I had no time to stay 20 minutes after the final whistle ( eurotunnel rules )....Knowing your team.....it will be hard the day after..

and the best is that we can celebrate it again in Namur for our tournament

Good times ahead
oxfordjames
Puberty

Post by oxfordjames »

Looking forward to it Nicolas. I'll still be partying next week.
oxfordjames
Puberty

Post by oxfordjames »

Looking forward to it Nicolas. I'll still be partying next week.
niconamur
Embryo

Post by niconamur »

Good !!!! A lot of beers......I'll stay calm all the week....as there's also another thing to celebrate ( more personal )