York the real threat?

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

York the real threat?

Post by Mooro »

I'm now fearing York more than Steveange as the main title challengers, particularly looking at their fixtures over the next month...

Starting tonight their fixtures over the next month are:
Barrow h (20th), Ebbsfleet a (18th), Luton h (7th) , Mansfield a (4th), Eastbourne h (19th), Grays a (23rd) , Forest Green a (21st), Salisbury h (17th) - which could easily give them 20 points....whereas we'll do well to get 15 from our set of games:
Luton a (7th), Histon h (14th), R&ampD a (6th) , AFCW h (5th), Chester a (24th), Cambridge a (15th) , H&ampY h (16th)

That then leaves them:
Kiddie a, AFCW h, Tamworth h, Chester a, Altrincham h, Eastbourne a, Grays h, Alty a &amp stevenage h on the final day
so not a lot to hold them up there either.......!

I just hope we stay close enough in touch and in some semblance of form to real them in with our April run of games....
HAyes a, Salisbury h, Alty a, Cambridge h, Mansfield h, Wrexham h, Eastbourne a
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

York may well be more of a threat than Stevenage.

However, 5 of their remaining fixtures are exactly the same as ours (well, probably 4 judging by tonight's news from Forest Green!) and in the rest there are a lot of fixtures against clubs at the arse end of the table who will be scrapping for points - Ebbsfleet in particular isn't as easy a fixture as it appears on paper.

And don't forget the two games in hand we have on York are at home.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

The way it is going at the moment its not just York or Stevenage we have to worry about!!!
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Given their current form, it's less than ideal facing Rushden twice (and you wouldn't necess want them in the playoffs either). York seem to me to have been the main threat for a while.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

It's not York or Stevenage who are the main threats. It's our own bloody team.
ConcreteBob
Baby

Post by ConcreteBob »

The good thing is, at least we don't have to play them! We robbed them of four points this season if we're honest about it. They are a well drilled side, and somehow they kept hold of Brodie!
YellowHoods
Brat

Post by YellowHoods »

York could claim to have had their &quotdip&quot early in the season, but surely their current run of form (10-1-0, I believe) can't continue for 30 matches? When did ANY team have such a run?

I read most York reports in the NLP and they have been far from convincing in recent games, even according to their own fans. So on the assumption that they stall at some stage, and Stevenage have proved they can lose to anyone, all is not doom and gloom for Oxford.

IF we pick our own game up of course ....
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotboris&quot wrote:It's not York or Stevenage who are the main threats. It's our own bloody team.
Spot on. We need to sort out own form out first.
rambler
Baby

Re:

Post by rambler »

&quotboris&quot wrote:It's not York or Stevenage who are the main threats. It's our own bloody team.
Have to agree with this, but you have got to say that York are the form team at the moment
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotrambler&quot wrote:
Have to agree with this, but you have got to say that York are the form team at the moment
Ok then if I must - Baboo says, &quotYork are the form team at the moment&quot.
leicesteryellow
Toddler

Post by leicesteryellow »

threat significantly diminished now, they are without top scorer brodie for their matches with luton and mansfield.

but totally agree with the above, we have no-one to fear but ourselves.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Rushden the real threat, coming up fast and stuffed full of ex-Us. Panic, panic!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

If Chester get booted out then I think the main threat will probably come from Luton, especially if they win at York on Tuesday.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Rushden BSqP games in 2010 P6 W5 D1 L0 F16 A2 ... that said, today's Stevenage game was the only one of those against promotion chasers.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Brodie's red was a straight one ... the York site suggests he'll miss their Luton and Mansfield games plus a Trophy game.