Anything yellow and blue
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Stadco

Post by Matt D »

OUFC4eva wrote:Is it just me or does any body else
think that K@££@m and his people are trying to finish
the job and kill off the club?
no, I don't think they're trying. I just think we're running out of options.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Why bother, when we're guaranteed to give them £250k p/a?
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

tomoufc wrote:
Why bother, when we're guaranteed to give them £250k p/a?
My thoughts exactly. It's not in his interests for Oxford United to go bust. It is, however, very much in his interests to keep the asking price for his dreadful three-sided soulless corporate shell artificially high and the rent at a level where it is the least-worst option for the club.

If he wanted to restore his reputation, what he could of course do is gift the stadium to the club but retain ownership of the conferencing facilities on non-matchdays, as well as any parcels of land (eg the Priory) around the ground which are still ripe for development. He'd remain well in profit and have potential for future income, but at least Oxford United Football Club would once again own their own ground.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

He doesn't have to keep the price "artificially high". The basic fact of the matter is the value of the stadium (including the bricks and mortar, the business, and the future development potential) is significantly greater than currently makes sense for the club to purchase.