Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

And who will be next to go??

My guess is Deering.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I'd be surprised if we see anyone else leave this January, unless it's one of the youth lads out on loan. That means that unless someone is released from his contract the next to go will be in the summer. I suspect that Franny Green won't be around after his contract runs out, but wouldn't be at all astonished to see Matt Green and Alfie Potter still here next season. Not sure who else, other than Fowler, is out of contract at the season's end.

If we go up I'd expect to see quite a few changes. If we don't go up I'd expect even more!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Glad he's found somewhere quickly and even more glad that there's a clause in the contract meaning he can't play against us in our last home game of the season (hopefully).

You could just see the scenario unfolding. Deep into injury time with the score at 0-0 and the U's only requiring a point to guarantee automatic promotion and Foster rises above Creighton to slam the ball in from a corner. Aaaaggghhhhh!!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:Glad he's found somewhere quickly and even more glad that there's a clause in the contract meaning he can't play against us in our last home game of the season (hopefully).

You could just see the scenario unfolding. Deep into injury time with the score at 0-0 and the U's only requiring a point to guarantee automatic promotion and Foster rises above Creighton to slam the ball in from a corner. Aaaaggghhhhh!!
And at this very moment would you take going into the last game needing just one measly point to guarantee escaping from this poxy league?
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

No not against Mansfield with or without Fozzie.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Good luck to Fozzie. Disappointed he is leaving but time to move on.

Not very likely, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhys Day given an &quotopportunity&quot to find another club. Ditto Sandwich, Chapman and maybe even Midson.
Beach Road End
Brat

Post by Beach Road End »

I'm really sad for Fozzie I think he's done well for us, made very few mistakes and had built up a good partnership with Creits. Unless fozz has an attitude problem behand the scenes, I really dont understand the decision.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:And at this very moment would you take going into the last game needing just one measly point to guarantee escaping from this poxy league?
As the Churchill nodding dog would say…

Oh yes.
leicesteryellow
Toddler

Post by leicesteryellow »

crazy decision. crazy....

I hope wilder knows what he's doing. I guess most of the defenders he's brought in have been quality so in theory we have nothing to worry about.

:( but i do, foster is a good player, and mansfield are a threat
STEVE F
Brat

foster

Post by STEVE F »

foster has left the reasons do not matter
the only thing that matters is that oxford win the league this season
wilder and kelvin have done a superb job thus far
let them get on with it
players moving in and out of the club are part of life at all clubsand if wilder thinks changes are needed in certain parts of the team to win the
league he must make them
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Agree - the forum Administrator should now ban the ' F ' word on here.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

So am I the only person reading this as Foster being tapped up then? That would explain the odd statement from before, and the sudden dropping from the first team, followed by the expedited move.

Maybe I'm just a cynical bastard who thinks that everyone involved in the ownership and running of football clubs is a downright crook.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

F - a Daddy for the first time, less than two weeks ago, agitates to know what will happen when his contract is up in June.

F - My agent says there is interest in me from other clubs and I must know
about my future. I have a new kid and I am in digs.

CW - Luke, I am not in a position to offer you a new deal and if you carry on playing like you have recently then you won't get a new contract.

L - So I can talk to other clubs ? There is interest in me.

CW - That is your right. You have my permission.

L - That's it then.I won't play for Oxford United again.

CW - If that's how you want to play it.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Or, after Sailsbury.

CW - Luke that was rubbish real schoolboy stuff what the fuck were you playing at?

LF - Hang on a sec, you can't blame for us drawing this game we created hardly any chances and restricted them to a shot on goal.

CW - Bollocks you switched off and not for the first time

LF - Rubbish the defence has been brilliant all season, record number of clean sheets, we're not scoring enough goals that's were the problem lies.

CW - Right that's it you're not playing for this club again, you ain't getting a new contract and can find someone else to put up with your mistakes.

I seem to be one of the few that finds giving our best defender and longest serving first team player away to our promotion rivals a odd decision - the club should spell out the reasons for this, could you imagine the uproar if John Terry was given to Man Utd for free?