So... fozzzy to Mansfield...

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Twitter &amp Facebook mainly.

With Tweetdeck you can set up an automatic search so each time anyone anywhere in the world mentions Oxford United you see the post.
Well I can't be arsed with all that. Is there anyone who can give a brief summary of all the allegations listed so far?
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Don't worry Hog. Most of the tweets are Oxford, United Kingdom.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:All sorts of rumours now surfacing about a certain type of lifestyle undertaken by the player and also that the club had sorted out problems with this a couple of times, but said no more.

As usual no facts and all alledged but not a reason I've heard before!!
Flip me ..... he'll be some player when / if he sorts this out. Joey weren't half bad too.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Whatever the reason for the transfer I wonder if Mr Wilder, in a few years time, reflects on this being a key decision in his career?

We decide to release a player and some of our biggest rivals all look to sign him.

If we don't go up and Foster plays against us in a winning Mansfield side in the play offs I think a lot of fans will reflect on this decision.
Stranger
Sperm

Re:

Post by Stranger »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:Whatever the reason for the transfer I wonder if Mr Wilder, in a few years time, reflects on this being a key decision in his career?

We decide to release a player and some of our biggest rivals all look to sign him.

If we don't go up and Foster plays against us in a winning Mansfield side in the play offs I think a lot of fans will reflect on this decision.
Its all ifs and buts though, what if we dont' go up and Rob Duffy scores the winner against us in the play offs - does that mean we should have kept him? Or Tim Sills or Yemi scores against us for Stevenage?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotStranger&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote:Whatever the reason for the transfer I wonder if Mr Wilder, in a few years time, reflects on this being a key decision in his career?

Its all ifs and buts though, what if we dont' go up and Rob Duffy scores the winner against us in the play offs - does that mean we should have kept him? Or Tim Sills or Yemi scores against us for Stevenage?
Yes we know that but there's a lot of people out there that aren't so measured in their thoughts and comments - which is what I think DLT was getting at.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotThe Oxford Mail&quot wrote:Stevenage had made a vague enquiry...
&quotStevenage&quot wrote:er... so that player... er... at the back... any chance of... you know, one of those, er, transfer thingys?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Seems like a sort of 12th Man fund was used to help buy him!

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/page/NewsD ... 79,00.html
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Well, he played his part in their four-nil win over Chester today, but he managed to head a corner over the bar from a few yards out.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I wonder if it was just a general attitude thing. I remember under Smith, Foster was asked to play a few games at left back. He must have had a couple of good games, as I remember seeing him at Grays in our 1st season there (I think he was a sub, or even not in the team) and mentioning to him how I thought he did well at left back.

His rreply was quite rude, about how he isn't a left back and doesn't want to play there, no matter how well he played.

I just wonder if Wilder was looking for Fozzie to cover left back after Kinni went, with Day going in to the middle. But he refused and as a result is not the sort of &quotteam player&quot that Wilder is after.

All guesses once again. At the end of the day, who knows!!