D R E A M E R S L E A G U E 2 0 0 9 - 1 0

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

D R E A M E R S L E A G U E 2 0 0 9 - 1 0

Post by Hog »

All of you who took part last season should have just received the new entry forms by email.

If anyone else is interested in having a go (and especially for Snake who ALWAYS asks!) it works like this:

THE THEORY: This is the 18th season of the Dreamers League, a competition based loosely on your knowledge of British football. All you have to do is predict the final positions in the English and Scottish Leagues.

THE HISTORY: The Dreamers League, after seventeen seasons, is now a firmly established prediction game. Last season we had 114 entrants and the Champion, picked up a top prize of £220. A further £345 was paid to contestants finishing second to sixth. The Season will also see the ‘Wooden Spoon’ Consolation Prize go the lowest placed finisher who has been 1st at some stage during the season. This will consist of the interest accumulated during the Season. The greater the number of entries, the greater the prize money.

THE RULES: The rules are simple: On the attached form make your selections for each category, remembering to insert personal details at the top. Points are awarded as follows:-

League Positions - 3 points for each exact position correctly forecast, 1 point for each team appearing in the correct section but the wrong position. There is also 1 point for your Wild Card which is for an extra team, not already nominated, which finishes in the top or bottom five (English Premiership and Championship only).

Cup Finals - 3 points for each correct winner or runner-up nominated, 1 point if the winner is your nominated runner-up and vice versa. 3 points also for the Non-League club going furthest in the English F. A. Cup. If several reach the same round they each score 3 points (extra time and replays not considered).

Top Scorer - 3 points for the individual top scorer, but this is English Premiership goals only (Cup goals, Internationals etc. do not count). If players finish level then each scores 3 points.
Sent Off - 3 points for the first Premiership Team to have a player sent off.
Sacked - 3 points for the first Premier League manager to leave his football club (for whatever reason) after the Premier League season starts on 15th August 2009.

We hope to have a monthly table which shows how badly you're doing.

Entry fee of £5 to Dave Underwood (cash or cheque payable to D. Underwood)

Remember, you’ve got to be in it to win it !!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU'D LIKE AN ENTRY FORM THEN LET ME KNOW ON hampshire@hog2000.freeserve.co.uk
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I hope you pay for this blatant advertising!! :lol:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Got the email &amp will be entering again
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:Got the email &amp will be entering again
Got the email and will be throwing away a fiver again.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Any more?
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

will be entering and have persuaded at least one other person to enter!!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I'll be entering right at the last minute as usual but I do keep asking myself why I'm entering a football prediction competition that has nothing to do with items of clothing!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Okay, if it helps to attract new members, henceforth it will be The Pyjamas League. But only on here. And it's our little secret!
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

Cheque is in the post - honest.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Our entry has been emailed to you Mr Hog. Money to follow the first time I see thee at footie.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

What happens now the Scottish leagues have been shifted around please with Airdrie and Cowdenbeath being moved up a division each? Is that just bad luck on me for picking them for places in the &quotwrong&quot divisions?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Mine emailed too - with the Scottish predictions post-Livi demotion, though of course I'll be scr#wed if it is succesffully appealed.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Gents,

If there are any changes to clubs in divisions then let me know any ammendments you want to make before the deadline (ko 15 Aug) - you won't be punished for getting your entries in early!

However, please keep your changes to any clubs affected by punishments imposed - if Oxford lose 0-6 on Saturday we don't want to be overwhelmed by people wanting to remove them as BSP Champions!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Gents,

If there are any changes to clubs in divisions then let me know any amendments you want to make before the deadline (ko 15 Aug)
What Dave means is stuff to do with this.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Don't forget the deadline is this saturday!