boris
Grumpy old git

Kid gloves off

Post by boris »

So, no more Fish.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I'm starting to realise how all postings on RO are pun-derived wherever possible, so shouldn't this read no more James Foster given the thread title, or am I missing something :?:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Out of interest, just how much does it cost to run the youth set-up these days, now that we get no funding from the Football League or other grant related income?

Is the club moving to a position where it can justify the whole scheme going the same way as the reserves, given that it is not producing (for whatever reason) what is being spent on it?

Would it not be better, for example, just to poach what Oxford City spend years developing through their many teams?

The last figure I saw was £231,000 a year (quoted at the Fans Forum back in April 2007 and that might even have included FL parachute money), and that would pay for half a dozen extra players for the first team squad.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

The other side which is unknown is how many families purchase tickets to a game to see there little boy run between cones at half time?

Also don't forget little sammy, I think we might get a fee for him one day.

Not heard re Taylor yet?

Hopefully deano will move on in the summer giving the coffers a boostand helping us get beano

I think youth has a place but I would suggest that we are starting too young, dagenham take the best of west hams cast offs and they have done well out of it.

We probably need to nick the best of the local sides talent and combine it with some premier cast offs