Weymouth saved?

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

GY as you have left tiu, you might be interested by this story

seems that Beer probably never had the money to start with.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:GY as you have left tiu, you might be interested by this story

Thanks Slappy.

Difficult to tell if he has access to that sort of money or not. The story may be mis-leading by describing him as a cleaner, and describing him as livign in subsidised housing, whilst quoting neighbours claiming that he has no money.

It could be that he runs a cleaning company that employs cleaners to do the cleaning. It could be that he has a haulage company and a cleaning company as he suggests, each of which could be reasonably wealthy. And he could be the type of businessman who is always late paying his comapny's debts. And if he doesn't pay himself a salary or dividends from his companies, he could be storing up cash, whilst free-loading the subsidised housing on the grounds of not earning wages (one of the most notorious ways of getting around the extremely poorly operated and badly organised, not to mention completely iniquitous, benefits system). And he could still have money residing in the companies.

Then again, he could be the Walter Mitty character that Boris suggested.

Who knows?
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:GY as you have left tiu, you might be interested by this story

Thanks Slappy.

Difficult to tell if he has access to that sort of money or not. The story may be mis-leading by describing him as a cleaner, and describing him as livign in subsidised housing, whilst quoting neighbours claiming that he has no money.

It could be that he runs a cleaning company that employs cleaners to do the cleaning. It could be that he has a haulage company and a cleaning company as he suggests, each of which could be reasonably wealthy. And he could be the type of businessman who is always late paying his comapny's debts. And if he doesn't pay himself a salary or dividends from his companies, he could be storing up cash, whilst free-loading the subsidised housing on the grounds of not earning wages (one of the most notorious ways of getting around the extremely poorly operated and badly organised, not to mention completely iniquitous, benefits system). And he could still have money residing in the companies.

Then again, he could be the Walter Mitty character that Boris suggested.

Who knows?
I plump for him being a conman.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Everyone makes mistakes when a club becomes desperate, but at least we got £61k out of Nick Merry, which should keep him in free corporate tickets for a while.

Interesting to note that the other half of the saviour partnership (Jim Smith) resigned as a director on 10th November 2008 – nice of the club to keep us all so up to date.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Interesting to note that the other half of the saviour partnership (Jim Smith) resigned as a director on 10th November 2008 – nice of the club to keep us all so up to date.
Won't see him at the AGM then.
Thinking about it we never saw him last year because he was on leave.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

An interesting point from the Terras' forum:

'FOOTBALL League clubs have until the fourth Thursday in March to go into administration, or they will have their ten-point deduction suspended.

Clubs who take the step before March 26 will be penalised immediately.

If they wait until after that date, the situation changes.

Initially, no deduction will be made and they will play out the season as normal.

If they are subsequently relegated, they will start the next season on minus-ten points.

However, if they finish outside the drop zone, the ten points will be taken off after the final game of the season.

If that causes them to slip into the relegation zone, they would then go down.

That means, in order to be safe, any club entering administration after March 26 must effectively finish ten points above the bottom three.'

Whether or not these rules also apply to the BSP, I don't know. (Obviously not the 'bottom three' bit.)

Does anyone know where the Confernce rules are online? They do not seem to to be on their official website. Maybe they would rather we didn't know. Like the results of their review into the player registration fiasco.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Nice article penned by Weymouth fan Ian Ridley about Beer
in today's Mail On Sunday

http&#58//www&#46mailonsunday&#46co&#46 ... ve&#46html
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Floodlit Dreams is an intersting read.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Nice article penned by Weymouth fan Ian Ridley about Beer
in today's Mail On Sunday

http&#58//www&#46mailonsunday&#46co&#46 ... ve&#46html
Isn't Ian Ridley's own relationship with Weymouth FC being rather glossed over in that article? I don't recall the ins and outs of it all, but I seem to remember that not all fans were happy with the legacy he left there.

I notice he has since been on the board of St Albans too - I wonder if he describes himself as a St Albans fan as well?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote: Does anyone know where the Confernce rules are online? They do not seem to to be on their official website. Maybe they would rather we didn't know. Like the results of their review into the player registration fiasco.
Rules? Written down? This is the Conference Rob. I'm afraid you've confused it for an organisation that knows it's arse from it's elbow and gives a damn for the people who pay for it all.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:[
I notice he has since been on the board of St Albans too - I wonder if he describes himself as a St Albans fan as well?
I don't think he does. He covers this in Floodlit Dreams.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Rescued again? Well, for the first time really?

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/resources/images/747061/