Stupid referee

Anything yellow and blue
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

World Cup, Smorld Cup. Who needs the damn thing anyway? Crap penalty call and an atrocious ref but my beloved Yanks simply do not deserve to get to round 2. I think Arena needs to go but who to replace him? Klinsmann is a possibility and has been rumored if a change were made, but I am not sold on him yet. No ther US coach deserves a look, Bob Bradley...maybe. Although his son looks like he'll be cracking the national team picture in the next 4 years, just what we need, a nepotism controversy.

The US is just lightweight up front. McBride is done, Donovan is an attacking midfielder, he always sucks as a forward. Johnson is promising as is Cunningham (recently released by Man Ewe). Twellman and Casey are Bundesliga rejects for a reason. Ching is crap, Adu will probably get a look in the next year or three but is very similar to Donovan. I don't see much else out there attacking wise. Tons of good young wing players and defenders though. Ah well.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotZeke &quot wrote:World Cup, Smorld Cup. Who needs the damn thing anyway? Crap penalty call and an atrocious ref but my beloved Yanks simply do not deserve to get to round 2. I think Arena needs to go but who to replace him? Klinsmann is a possibility and has been rumored if a change were made, but I am not sold on him yet. No ther US coach deserves a look, Bob Bradley...maybe. Although his son looks like he'll be cracking the national team picture in the next 4 years, just what we need, a nepotism controversy.

The US is just lightweight up front. McBride is done, Donovan is an attacking midfielder, he always sucks as a forward. Johnson is promising as is Cunningham (recently released by Man Ewe). Twellman and Casey are Bundesliga rejects for a reason. Ching is crap, Adu will probably get a look in the next year or three but is very similar to Donovan. I don't see much else out there attacking wise. Tons of good young wing players and defenders though. Ah well.
If you think that refereeing performance was bad Zeke, you should have just watched the farce from British referee Graham Poll in the Australia v Croatia match. He was dishing out cards seemingly continuously, and in the end booked the same Croatian player 3 times before realising he needed to be sent off. Absolute joke.
AbingdonOx

Post by AbingdonOx »

Poll is finished refereeing at the top level
after that fiasco.

He missed two blatant penalties and missed countless
shirt pulling by a bunch of cheating Croats.

Australia were awesome and their never say die attitude saw them through.

Fantastic match in Stuttgart tonight.

Re:

Post by »

&quotAbingdonOx &quot wrote:Poll is finished refereeing at the top level
after that fiasco.

He missed two blatant penalties and missed countless
shirt pulling by a bunch of cheating Croats.

Australia were awesome and their never say die attitude saw them through.

Fantastic match in Stuttgart tonight.

Poll was hilarious. Aussie equaliser was offside. Missed our on great 3-1 against bet that there would be at least one sending off during game.

Will France qualify? I think not.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

In anglo saxon referee means stupid.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

goodness. what does &quotFIFA president&quot mean then?..
Crabbers
Embryo

Post by Crabbers »

Lord only knows what George W. Bush means...