Tell the Conference what you think...

Anything yellow and blue
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Tell the Conference what you think...

Post by Matt D »

With the Conference Review of its procedures underway, OxVox asks fans today to sign an online petition which will be presented to the Conference, and also to send your own comments to the Conference review team.

Please help to make this a massive show of support for change, and for a return of the points deducted from the four teams affected this season.

A link to the petition, a web form to send your comments to the Conference Review team, and further details are all here.
Bista yellow
Brat

Post by Bista yellow »

There's another one here chaps:
http://www.petitiononline.com/confpts/ :wink:
Bicester will be back
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

It would be nice if we could get some support from fans of clubs other than United, Crawley, Mansfield and Bognor. Try and get your non Oxford supporting mates to sign and say which club they support. I should be able to get a Plymouth Argyle, West Ham, Walsall and maybe a Halifax Town fan to sign next week.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:It would be nice if we could get some support from fans of clubs other than United, Crawley, Mansfield and Bognor. Try and get your non Oxford supporting mates to sign and say which club they support. I should be able to get a Plymouth Argyle, West Ham, Walsall and maybe a Halifax Town fan to sign next week.
Things that some of the York fans have been saying indicate that we’re not going to get a lot of support from the clubs in the Blue Square who have not been deducted points.

Incidentally, the rate of signing the petition seems to have slowed down recently, but being as it’s run by petiononline.com that means there is no validation of the petitioners. So, here is a very easy way to get thousands more names on there with no more than an hours effort from OxVox required, as detailed below. *

1. Allocate each member of the OxVox committee (or any other volunteers) a range of letters from the alphabet. E.g. Trevor gets A-D, Ascension Ox gets E-H, Matt gets I-L etc.

2. Each member of the committee then uses a copy of the phone book to start adding names. In the email address asked for you can just provide variants of abc@hotmail.com and add a little message now and again along the lines of what some people have put (i.e. this is unfair because…)

As it only takes about 30 seconds per entry to add a new “signature
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:* = This may already be going on, but hey, why not snowball it?
Because any supporters who want the petition to be taken seriously wouldn't fill up the petition with fake signatures. One could do the same thing with a paper petition if one really wanted to.

Thanks for the thought though.

Out of interest, who on here signed a similar petition when Alty were docked points?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:* = This may already be going on, but hey, why not snowball it?
One could do the same thing with a paper petition if one really wanted to.
Disagree, and I’d be happy to sign one if someone asked me to do that outside a turnstile at the next home game.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:[

Out of interest, who on here signed a similar petition when Alty were docked points?
Not me.
1. I was hardly aware of it.
2. I probably assumed they had got some ringer in.
3. Was there a petition?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:[

Not me.
1. I was hardly aware of it.
2. I probably assumed they had got some ringer in.
3. Was there a petition?
4. Who are Altrincham? :wink:
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:[
4. Who are Altrincham? :wink:
They are the little guys.

In the old days I used to have a lot of time for the little guys - the down trodden, the underdog. But having oft seen the negative time wasting thuggery of plenty of little guys who have rolled up to Minchery Farm this ain't so no more.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Disagree, and I’d be happy to sign one if someone asked me to do that outside a turnstile at the next home game.
i mean that one could sit at home with the 'phone directory and sign names on a paper petition if one really wanted to.

i signed the alty petition - for pretty much the same reasons as i signed the current one.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I wrote a letter (by post) to the Conference saying:
- if they had had proper procedures then Eddie would not have been able to get on the teamsheet in the first place if his registration wasn't in place
- they should have detected this after the first game
- that it happened to 3 other teams is a sign that their procedures were inadequate
- that rule 6.8 was presumably intended to punish playing suspended players or or those registered with another club, and not to excessively punish an administrative error
I asked them to either
- cancel the points deduction
- suspend the points deduction for a season
- at the very least reduce the points deduction to the first game (ie 3 points).

I cc'd this and also sent a letter by post to the FA saying:
- they have in the past overruled another (Ryman) league's rules in the case of AFC Wimbledon. AFCW fielded a player without international clearance (a transfer from Cardiff of the Welsh FA to AFCW of the English FA needs international clearance, even though both teams play in English leagues). AFCW were initially deducted 18 points, being those gained whilst the player was not cleared to play. The FA reduced this to 3 points as excessive
- as there is a precedent, they can and should again overrule and reduce our penalty to a maximum of 3 points.

Whilst an on-line petition raises the subject amongst fans, my gut feeling is that the Conference will treat is as one complaint rather than 2,000, and can just write one letter back to Oxvox. Hopefully my letters will mean they have to write at least 2 replies now.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:. Hopefully my letters will mean they have to write at least 2 replies now.
You won't get a reply. They'll claim they faxed you a response but won't be able to provide any evidence that they did so.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Disagree, and I’d be happy to sign one if someone asked me to do that outside a turnstile at the next home game.
I mean that one could sit at home with the 'phone directory and sign names on a paper petition if one really wanted to.
Sorry, but still beg to differ.

A set of signatures is much more difficult to forge, as the handwriting of each person is different, and it also carries more weight with people who are not internet savvy as that’s the sort of material they would prefer to consider.

For the decision makers (at any level of life) it goes something like this.

1 internet name counts as 1 point.
1 signature counts as 3 points.
1 email (that is not cut and pasted) counts as 10 points.
1 letter (that is not cut and pasted) counts as 20 points.
1 phone call counts as 50 points.
1 person turning up at the door of your organisation on decision day counts as 200 points (with double points awarded if they are carrying a banner or placard).

In essence, the more effort any group of individuals put in the more it counts.

As for the number of points needed to make a person or organisation change their mind, then that depends on how close you are to a ‘tip moment'.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:For the decision makers (at any level of life) it goes something like this.

1 internet name counts as 1 point.
1 signature counts as 3 points.
1 email (that is not cut and pasted) counts as 10 points.
1 letter (that is not cut and pasted) counts as 20 points.
1 phone call counts as 50 points.
1 person turning up at the door of your organisation on decision day counts as 200 points (with double points awarded if they are carrying a banner or placard).

In essence, the more effort any group of individuals put in the more it counts.

As for the number of points needed to make a person or organisation change their mind, then that depends on how close you are to a ‘tip moment'.
yes, i would think the order is probably right.

you have missed one though:

nobody doing anything counts as 0 points.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I would have thought that was obvious, but if weÔÇÖre stating the obvious then doing the wrong things can count as minus points, and there are plenty of examples of that.