Points deduction

Anything yellow and blue
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re:

Post by amershamwrighty »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I'd like to see Mick Brown's resignation, of course.
And if he did offer to resign, and it was refused, then what would you like to see?
Personally - 5pm on Saturday 25 April.

This has been a horrible season - sackings, points deductions, questionable red cards, dreadful injuries, racially aggravating comments and frustrating disappointments on the pitch at any number of godforsaken tinpot outposts of the Conference.

I'll still be there tonight, though - because if there is one thing I and others like me are good at, it is coping with misery.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Great stuff but, ah, don't in fact nearly all club secretaries manage to do this?
So finally he accepts that Mick Brown has done thousands of things right during the decades leading to a single mistake, if indeed he has made a mistake.

Apologies for any poor grammer or spelling Pena, but we all bow to your supremacy.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:Great stuff but, ah, don't in fact nearly all club secretaries manage to do this?
So finally he accepts that Mick Brown has done thousands of things right during the decades leading to a single mistake, if indeed he has made a mistake.
Not sure I counted &quotthousands&quot - ain't you an accountant?
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:
Twenty seven years of service to OUFC, about 10-30 things to do every day = about thousands.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

Calls to mind that Steve Coogan swimming pool attendant Day Today sketch

“In 1975, no-one died. In 1976, no-one died. In 1977, no-one died. In 1978, no-one died. In 1979, no-one died. In 1980, some one died. In 1981, no-one died. In 1982, there was the incident with the pigeon. In 1983, no-one died. In 1984, no-one died. In 1985, no-one died … I mean, I could go on.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Well MB has just got the Chairmans vote of confidence, so he should be OK.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:So finally he accepts that Mick Brown has done thousands of things right during the decades leading to a single mistake, if indeed he has made a mistake.
Twenty seven years of service to OUFC, about 10-30 things to do every day = about thousands.
Well, there's some dicky counting there anyway since for the first few years he was actually Secretary of the London Road Club, but perhaps I could briefly note that:

(a) we're putting bar pretty low for decisions and action: however, if deciding to scratch your arse and subsequently doing so counts them I'm certainly willing to concede that point. However perhaps I could also observe that

(b) weren't these actions and decisions supposed to have been &quotcorrect&quot? Now you may want us to infer from the evidence provided by Mally above that all Mick's decisons should be taken to have been correct, but it's not getting to get you an A in your Philopsophy and Logic paper.
entirely disenchanted
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Personally - 5pm on Saturday 25 April.

This has been a horrible season - sackings, points deductions, questionable red cards, dreadful injuries, racially aggravating comments and frustrating disappointments on the pitch at any number of godforsaken tinpot outposts of the Conference.
This, by the way, is right. The whole thing has been a bad joke and this last business is the biggest joke of all. In every way.

I can't be arsed with this season any more: fuck it, it's not even worth the short period of time it takes to think of an Unexpected Event.

I think I'll wind forward to the end of the seson right now. See you in August.
entirely disenchanted
The Enforcer
Brat

Re:

Post by The Enforcer »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:See you in August.
Assuming there is another season.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

This, by the way, is right. The whole thing has been a bad joke and this last business is the biggest joke of all. In every way.

I can't be arsed with this season any more: fuck it, it's not even worth the short period of time it takes to think of an Unexpected Event.

I think I'll wind forward to the end of the season right now. See you in August.
Cheerio for now.

It’s odd that no one on here has put up a poll yet about whether we should appeal or not.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

Cheerio, lightweight, :lol:

Turley looked extremely arthiritic tonight.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

I thought you might be intelligent enough to understand that 20|| years at 365 days a year and almost certainly several actions and decisions per day, would account for thousands, but I'm happy to accept that I might be wrong.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:

Cheerio, lightweight, :lol:

Turley looked extremely arthiritic tonight.
Only Constable Haldane and the new left back came to the party. No one else was good enough.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

I think I'll wind forward to the end of the season right now. See you in August.
Cheerio for now.

It’s odd that no one on here has put up a poll yet about whether we should appeal or not.
I think we should appeal - why should he be allowed to disappear until August and not suffer with the rest of us?
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Haldane came to the party? Not from where I was sitting.

Haldane drove me bloody spare. Good positioning - generally stuck to the wing - rarely end product - nil. Same with Yemi.

The two new loanees were OK if unspectacular Chapman looked better at fullback than he did in midfield and we immediately perked up when Burnell came on.

Hutchinson - if you'll pardon the pun - what's the point?

We'll never hold on to Constable if he carries on playing like this. The brightest light in a season of prevailing gloom.

Was disappointed with Sappleton but as with LSD he's young and you can't expect him to be utterly consistent yet. One bad game does not a Marvin Robinson make... (or a David Kemp, come to that).

I guess I was hoping that the events of the week might bring out a siege mentality &quoteveryone's out to get us so we'll show them - hah!&quot attitude, unfortunately it didn't happen.

Still - can't get any worse can it? Er, wait...