Come on Sven

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Come on Sven

Post by DLT »

When will you realise that Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham don't go into the same midfield.

Actually I am convinced a two man midfield of Lampard and Gerrard will never work.

Owen had one weapon as a striker, pace, and he has lost it.

I hope we get Germany because I can't see us beating Ecuador.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Come on Sven

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:When will you realise that Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham don't go into the same midfield.

Actually I am convinced a two man midfield of Lampard and Gerrard will never work.

Not convinced about this midfield argument. England's problems come more from the Atkins tactical school of hoofing to Crouch, instead of a combination of patient passing and pacey movement.

Can't disagree about Owen. To say he is struggling would be generous. Rooney did more in his short time on field than Owen in his rather longer period. Trouble is, until Rooney can last more than 10 minutes without puffing and blowing, we have no alternative. Sven's selection fiasco bites again.

Re: Come on Sven

Post by »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote:When will you realise that Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham don't go into the same midfield.

Not convinced about this midfield argument. England's problems come more from the Atkins tactical school of hoofing to Crouch, instead of a combination of patient passing and pacey movement.

Can't disagree about Owen. To say he is struggling would be generous. Rooney did more in his short time on field than Owen in his rather longer period. Trouble is, until Rooney can last more than 10 minutes without puffing and blowing, we have no alternative. Sven's selection fiasco bites again.
Disgaree. His substitutions worked. And Engalnd did the biz. Eventually.
SuperOx

Sven

Post by SuperOx »

His substitutions being Sven's or McClaren's?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I'm not sure the hoofing is a tactic, it's just that Rio is too scared of making a mistake with a short pass, and Jamie Carragher doesn't seem to know any different.

England are a very average team, who won't get past the quarter finals without a very lucky draw. We could beat Germany or Ecuador by raising our game, but there are at least 8 better teams out there.