New player

Anything yellow and blue
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

New player

Post by Werthers Original »

New left back signed, Chris Carruthers ex Northampton and Bristol Rovees. I guess that means the little Morecambe chap isn't coming
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Seems to be a theme growing here.

Our ability to persuade players is linked directly to the A43
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Fair enough, don't expect many here would take a job in Accrington or Morecambe - mind you I suspect most here are a bit older than footballers!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

At least it isnt the A420

What impresses me is that both signings so far appear to have been appreciated by supporters of their previous clubs (rather than the string of links slating them that normally follow any signing).
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

And with a Carruthers playing it gives me a chance to tell my favourite Lord Oaksey story in the pub every week.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:And with a Carruthers playing it gives me a chance to tell my favourite Lord Oaksejy story in the pub every week.

:lol:
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Another good signing brought to you courtesy of PATTO.

Think i'll relax when we have a couple of strikers on the books.

Who knows - Reuben Reid could be one of them.

Stuart Nelson could me another great signing if the rumours of Billy's shoulder are true.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

oops, wrong thread originally...

a rovers-supporting friend writes:

&quotI think that’s a good signing for you. Was a pretty decent League 2 left back. He got found out defensively in League 1 big time but he can whip the odd good ball in. Not a particularly exciting player but a he’ll do a good job I reckon.&quot

and on the prospect of haldane:

&quotI do like him but he does so well to get into positions and more often than not botches it when he has to play that killer pass or shot. The fans got pretty frustrated with him at the end of last season but they just got generally frustrated and he was an easy target. You can’t knock him for not putting in 110% ever, he just lacks the bit of quality to move us onto the next level. I can’t see him dropping 2 leagues as he’d be good in League 2 but if you did get him that would be one hell of a signing in my opinion. Haldane would run riot in the conference.

Ah ha! The penny has just dropped! – We’ve pulled out of the reserve league because Oxford will become our new reserve side!&quot