ST Sales

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

ST Sales

Post by ty cobb »

Apparently season ticket sales have reached 1500, with the discount deadline due to expire next week I would have thought 3/4 of the people getting a ST would have got one by now.

It rather goes to show that we could do with a couple of very good signings otherwise we're going to struggle in terms of attendances next season and will lose even more money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 472439.stm
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

How many did we sell in total last season......and how many had we sold by this stage last summer? Just wondering.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

this is the nearest comparison i could find.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

To put things into (a bit of) perspective, Wrexham (who some claim are a &quotbig&quot club), have just announced that they've sold 300 season tickets so far. Different circumstances and all that, but still...
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:this is the nearest comparison i could find.
So I guess we can compare like with like once the offer has ceased.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:To put things into (a bit of) perspective, Wrexham (who some claim are a &quotbig&quot club), have just announced that they've sold 300 season tickets so far. Different circumstances and all that, but still...
Wait until they've had two seasons of BSP fare and see what's what.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Gulp, that ain't good given a 5% discount and 5% inflation.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:2,700.

I think considering what we had to put up with last season, that's a pretty good total.

Without the discount, we could easily have season numbers down around the 2,000 mark.

I knwo this wasn't the point you were making Snake, but if 5% inflation had been added on I dread to think how few would have been sold.

Remember also that this year's total sales is up to before 2 of the pre-season friendlies.

I understand that on a like for like period, the sales totals are very similar to last year, so up to 10% additional sales were achieved last year from between the pre-season friendlies and the end of the season.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Considering all then yes, it’s good, but for Oxford United, then no, it ain’t.

Obviously, it’s vital we get off to a decent start and stay there or thereabouts in order to keep the casuals coming through the turnstiles.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:How many did we sell in total last season......and how many had we sold by this stage last summer? Just wondering.
3,200 last year.

http://www.oxfordmail.net/mostpopular.v ... l_fans.php
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Now would be a very good time for OUFC to implement a membership scheme and prepaid book of 10 tickets.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:2,700.

so i think we sold c. 2,000 around the discount period, which would mean a further 700 following that?

given that most of the signings came after the end of the discount period, and certainly the good performances, i think the current optimism around the club accounts for the 700. selling 2,000 on the back of two seasons' of non-league football then is not bad. the discount helped, but i saw it as necessary as a 'defensive' step, rather than a means to increasing the season ticket base.

personally, i'm surprised we've sold that many, but then i've been surprised at season ticket sales over the last three seasons now. we are incredibly loyal/incredibly stupid/creatures of habit with nothing better to do on a saturday afternoon.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

There is a lot of truth in that. If you google around a bit youÔÇÖll see ST sales have been pretty much around the 2700-3500 for many years.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Now would be a very good time for OUFC to implement a membership scheme and prepaid book of 10 tickets.
Now this is something that I would definately consider, as this season is the first in at least 15 that I haven't purchased a season ticket.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

And I would. But how would a seat be allocated? How could they ensure they didn't sell out before you decided to attend.

And if such a scheme was offered how many season ticket holders would prefer this scheme next year.