Back Room Shake Up

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

What? No game against Fulham? Smith out!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Let's hope that Patto has assembled a team to play them by then!
Seriously though, could these games generate an extra income to perhaps pay a better player a bit more......or convince one to join us and play against them?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:Let's hope that Patto has assembled a team to play them by then!
Seriously though, could these games generate an extra income to perhaps pay a better player a bit more......or convince one to join us and play against them?
The only problem is that Man Utd are playing in South Africa on 26th July so I think we'll get a second or third team. It shouldn't matter too much though as most of the local Manure &quotfans&quot won't realise until they've bought the tickets.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

It is actually billed as a Manchester United XI
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:What? No game against Fulham? Smith out!
What? No game against Fulham???? - Well done Jim...Smith IN!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote: I've not got a problem with Jim hanging around the club, being a figurehead and receiving a wage for it (within reason obviously) anyway, but hopefully this type of thing should help convince that he's actually a positive influence.
Really?
We lose money every year. Will he bring in more dosh than he is costing us?
When will it be time to move on?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotIsaac&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote: I've not got a problem with Jim hanging around the club, being a figurehead and receiving a wage for it (within reason obviously) anyway, but hopefully this type of thing should help convince that he's actually a positive influence.
Really?
We lose money every year. Will he bring in more dosh than he is costing us?
When will it be time to move on?
But we don't know how much he's costing us, do we? We know that when he was manager in the 2006/7 he was receiving a manager's salary but we don't know what he was paid last year (and probably won't have even a hint for another year) and we don't know what he's being paid this year either.

I don't have a problem with Jim staying on as a non-exec director for as long as he wants and I don't mind him being paid a reasonable amount. He is still well known and well respected within the game and he can do a lot in terms of bringing players in and pre-season friendlies as discussed. On top of that I think there's an opportunity to use him for pre-match corporate entertainment. £50.00 a ticket for the game, a meal and a chance to chat with JIm Smith sounds like a good deal for everybody involved.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMally&quot wrote: £50.00 a ticket for the game, a meal and a chance to chat with JIm Smith sounds like a good deal for everybody involved.
Especially the vintners...
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotMally&quot wrote: £50.00 a ticket for the game, a meal and a chance to chat with JIm Smith sounds like a good deal for everybody involved.
Especially the vintners...
In that case we'd better wait until we own the stadium and all the franchising.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I take it all back, because Jim Fixed It and is therefore worth his salary.

Not so sure about Mr M., but time will tell.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:[
But we don't know how much he's costing us, do we?

I don't have a problem with Jim staying on as a non-exec director for as long as he wants and I don't mind him being paid a reasonable amount. He is still well known and well respected within the game and he can do a lot in terms of bringing players in and pre-season friendlies as discussed.
Which is why I asked the questions.
Regarding bringing in players - I would suggest that he has been pretty poor on that front - starting with loan signings such as Guatelli on day 1 right through to the likes of Hutch on big money which is still hurting us badly.