Squad Status 08/09

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Squad Status 08/09

Post by Mooro »

Updated – Jan 23rd (changes to: Guy, new loans, Evans, Trainer, Nelthorpe, Batt)
Billy Turley – summer 10
Ben Hinchliffe – summer 09
James Foster – 2nd year scholar

Barry Quinn – summer 09 (L/T injury)
Chris Willmott – summer 09
Luke Foster – summer 10
James Clarke – summer 10
Matt Day – summer 09
Chris Carruthers – summer 09
Damien Batt – summer 09
Shane Killock (Hudds) – one month loan (to 3rd Feb)
Adam Chapman (Sh Utd) – one month loan (to 3rd Feb)
Luke Bennett – WorkExp – Banbury
Ian Sampson – 2nd year scholar –
Marvin Martin – 1st year scholar
Imani Likita – 1st year scholar

Adam Murray – summer 10
Joe Burnell – summer 10
Lewis Haldane – season long loan
Eddie Hutch – summer 09
Sam Deering – summer 11 (L/T injury)
Craig Nelthorpe – summer 09
Declan Benjamin – 2nd year scholar
Richard Groves – 2nd year scholar –
James Dobson – 1st year scholar
Adam Bowerman – 1st year scholar

James Constable – season long loan
Yemi Odubade – summer 09
Matt Taylor – summer 09
Ricky Sappleton – one month loan (to 3rd Feb)
Alex Fisher – 2nd year scholar –
Chris Fower – 2nd year scholar
Niall Hodgkins – 1st year scholar

Recent departures:
Paul Evans – s/t contract (start Jan)
Jamie Guy – season long loan terminated (start Jan)
Phil Trainer – loan to AFC Telford for rest of season/contract (Jan)
Last edited by Mooro on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 26 times in total.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I could be wrong (I usually am), but I thought McAllister was only signed until the end of this season.

Also, you missed off Rob Duffy - he's obviously made a big impact on you!
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I could be wrong (I usually am), but I thought McAllister was only signed until the end of this season.

I'll bet Duffy will get more goals for Oxford this season then Richards and McCa combined.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I could be wrong (I usually am), but I thought McAllister was only signed until the end of this season.

Duffy is OOC at the end of the season and is on the 'list' so I have assumed he aint coming back.
As for Macca, I'm not sure, so if its right then all praise to me, if its wrong then blame the Enforcer for his inaccurate update of the thread for this season (and everyone else for not correcting him).
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

Well if Howard signs then the defence is the only area of the team that is anywhere near sorted.

I see that Luke Bennett is starting to play again. He needs to show something if he wants a new contract. Jon when he was playing how did he compare say to Clarke?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:Well if Howard signs then the defence is the only area of the team that is anywhere near sorted.

I see that Luke Bennett is starting to play again. He needs to show something if he wants a new contract. Jon when he was playing how did he compare say to Clarke?
Never seen him, because he was injured nearly all of last season as well. All I can say is that I understand that he'd made a good impression on PAtto prior to that
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

So, the first decisions have been made, with Ben Weedon not getting another extension, and Sam Warrell &amp Aaron Posey being not being offered pro deals once their scholarships end this summer.

Two years ago, we had two very strong prospects between the sticks, so I'm slightly disappointed that we've ended up with neither getting a pro deal (Tucker left for Oxford City upon graduating last summer). James Foster is only a first year, so expect a dedicated 2nd keeper to arrive.

Posey is a battling midfielder, but has lost out to 1st years Benjamin and GRoves in the centre for the youths, with the former already getting the nod in joining the seniors on occasion this season and the latter probably not far off either. So, not a massive surprise for me this one.

Weedon was another fine prospect at 16, though maybe the injury last season put paid to any real progress. Interesting to see whether brother Chris fares any better at Salisbury.

Incidentally, lets not forget that James Clarke is only actually graduating this summer, so we have at least taken one on this time. The fourth second year is Ben Spilman, though again I'd suspect he will not get an offer.

Looks better for the season after with current first years Fisher, Taylor &amp Benjamin already making debuts for the seniors and the likes of Deering, Groves &amp Sampson also impressing. What happens behind them depends on the funding, as our extended stay 'down below' is meaning the well may start to run dry pretty soon......

As for prodigal sons, no inside info at all, but the ones who seem to be flourishing in the Southern League are Winters (Brackley - but may need a fee), Gunn (Oxford City), Franklin (Abingdon).
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

my heart would be gladdened if winters returned. i really thought he was going to be a great player for Us after his appearance in the last game of 2003/4.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:

Duffy is OOC at the end of the season and is on the 'list' so I have assumed he aint coming back.
He's back
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I had a chat with Fish during the Weymouth game - nice bloke - and he reckons Winters is a class above anything at the level he's at and could easily play at our level - has the best delivery he's seen.

I pointed out that he looked good at us but was always injured and turned out that he'd just done his hamstring again!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Duffy will NOT be returning to the club.

OUFC may well continue to pay him until 30/06/08 but he won't be coming back to Grenoble Road.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:my heart would be gladdened if winters returned. i really thought he was going to be a great player for Us after his appearance in the last game of 2003/4.
I played against him recently in a 5 a side game. was the most torrid 15 minutes of my life and i don't think he was even trying!!
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Duffy will NOT be returning to the club.

OUFC may well continue to pay him until 30/06/08 but he won't be coming back to Grenoble Road.
There are all sorts of very good reasons why he probably won't come back in any meaningful sense (him being injured, him having hardly played or scored since Patto pushed him out, Yemi improving, Green, Mac doing well in the 'Duffy role' etc.) BUT...

...if we're paying him anyway and he's a proven goalscorer at this level if he were fit would there be an argument for giving him another chance, since we've got nothing to play for anyway?

I'd personally like to see an on form Duffy with Green.
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

If there is nothing to play for, I would rather see Fisher or Taylor getting a run out than Duffy. It could be that Patterson hasn't decided on Richards and Mac as well. It seems they have barely played together here after their rather succesful partnership at Woking a few years back and if he feels that the chemistry they displayed then was possible, he might want to try to get them more time onfield together to see if the old mojo is still strong.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

We have tried to get Winters at xmas so I expect we will be back in. The problem was the fee.